Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Skype study group

Posted by 36187844 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Skype study group
March 23, 2010 01:14PM
Hi all.

I'm doing this subject now for a second time round... it's tough no jokes.

So, I would like to set up a "study group" for anybody who would like to join. Please let me know if you are interested.

Please send me a PM with your skype name. Mine is pjdupreez btw. You'll know you got the right person by looking in the "About me box" It says, UNISA COS340-A STUDY GROUP

Firstly, what I want to do is organise that we "collaborate" on a weekly basis. I would suggest either a Friday evening or Saturday morning\afternoon, whichever suites the majority.

Secondly, what I had in mind was that when we get together, any questions about the theory, code or maths we can share with the group and together figure out how this stuff works.

More specifically, I want to start at the beginning of Angel (chapter one for example) and focus on the subsections (1.1). Any questions you have from those sections we can discuss.

any other suggestions on how we can collaborate are welcome. We'll be using the TalkAndWrite Tutoring Tool extra on skype
Re: Skype study group
March 23, 2010 02:13PM
Hi mate, I think that is a great idea. This module is really tough and we must recognize that one cannot walk alone and will reach the top easily.
For the skype thing, I don't know whether all gonna have at least the same internet speed for a miniwebcast.

My skype add is: lote.gimo (u can look me under Mozambique)
March 23, 2010 02:22PM
will look you up.

we can try, i'm still playing around with skype to see what's gonna be the easiest to do an online collaboration with.

what speed is your connection?
March 25, 2010 08:45AM
I would recommend reading the book in the bath from cover to cover a couple of times - each time it makes more sense - until eventually its all obvious.

,= ,-_-. =.
 ((_/)o o(\_))
  `-'(. .)`-'
      \_/
http://ilanpillemer.com
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
March 25, 2010 09:08AM
I am on a 64kbps but hopefully my company will upgrade the link to 128kbps.

About the name Please look as LOTEGIMO all together and no period in between.

Are u doing INF305F too? If yes, can u send the title of the prescribed book for 2010 as well as the number of edition?

thanks
March 25, 2010 02:18PM
ilanpillemer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would recommend reading the book in the bath
> from cover to cover a couple of times - each time
> it makes more sense - until eventually its all
> obvious.

glad to see you've got time to lie in a bath and read books...
March 25, 2010 02:24PM
African Boy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am on a 64kbps but hopefully my company will
> upgrade the link to 128kbps.
>
> About the name Please look as LOTEGIMO all
> together and no period in between.
>
> Are u doing INF305F too? If yes, can u send the
> title of the prescribed book for 2010 as well as
> the number of edition?
>
> thanks

Hi, 64kbps should be fine for normal discussion on skype,

as for INF305F, sorry man, did that in 2008. but they used the same book last year as well. this is it:

ISBN 9780071238403
Title: Software Engineering - A Practitioner's Approach
Author: Roger S. Pressman
Edition: 6th
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Education
Year published: 2004
Year prescribed: 2009

hope you come right... it's peanuts compared to COS340
April 16, 2010 09:37AM
Right. Guys, I'm gonna be on-line on Tuesday evening 20 April form about 7 pm onward. If you want to join me, we'll be recapping on chapters 1, 2 and 4 and the first assignment. Any theory, maths or code you have a hard time with, we can discuss. just be sure to have TalkAndWrite for Skype installed if we need to draw some diagrams.

my skype name is pjdupreez

regards
April 20, 2010 04:41PM
Hi. I just received an SMS saying that my Internet Service Provider is experiencing problems due to the rainy weather we are having on my side, so my Internet at home might be off. If I'm not on Skype tonight at 7pm (CAT) I apologize. I'll be on-line next week Tuesday same time for a get together for a COS340 recap. Regards.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login