Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How do we study for this module again?

Posted by gert_yes 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How do we study for this module again?
October 07, 2010 10:02PM
Hi all,

So we went through the text book and how again do we study for this exam paper?

This is a huge amount of work and I for one unfortunately do not have the memory capacity to memorize this amount of information.

I thought of making sure the calculation/application part can be done (about 57% according to the exam tut letter), hoping it is all calculations and that I will get most of it correct. Then it might be possible to rely on some memory to make up the difference for a pass.

I know there are loads of info here that we learned earlier in the B.sc. course or that we learned by experience. I hope this will help with the memory part (according to the exam tut about 36%).

I just hope that we don't have to write an essay worth a huge amount of points. The thing with an essay is if you miss any part of a chapter you are stuck with very little to write. This can be disastrous since if it's a huge amount of points you start with 100 - the amount of points. Not nice. So, maybe a scan of the book and some study of notes made will fill in the gaps.

Any other ideas?
Re: How do we study for this module again?
November 06, 2010 10:45AM
Hi all,

I have it under good authority that if we work through the assignments thoroughly and we work out the sample exam paper that was sent to us, we have a good chance at a pass.

Hope all of us pass. smile

Good studying and good writing.

See the Pretoria guys at the exam venue on Wednesday,

Gert.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login