Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sheer Volume of Information

Posted by Kyle 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Sheer Volume of Information
March 29, 2010 08:52PM
Hey all,

Is anyone experiencing that this module has a huge amount of raw information? I am struggling on what they actually want us to take from the book looking at the assignments. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kyle
Re: Sheer Volume of Information
March 29, 2010 10:12PM
I feel the same way.

This year I'm trying to summarize before starting the relevant assignments and preparing for the first assignment nearly did me in. And then one of the answers (I think the one on caching) I drew more from the textbook for the organization and architecture subject I did last year.

Generally, the thought of the exam for this subject is scary. At least I'll be able to do the calculations, but who knows what theory questions they'll come up with from such a broad textbook!

I think what I'll end up doing is keep up with the summaries and then before the exam try to explain the concepts to my plants.
avatar Re: Sheer Volume of Information
March 29, 2010 10:37PM
I have found last year that the assignment questions and the questions in the exam, was very similar. We also had a study guide with example questions, which helped a lot.
October 30, 2010 02:09AM
Agreed, going over all the material now, I can see this is going to be an absolute nightmare. All of the chapters are large, and we are given no chapter learning outcomes, so basically we have to learn everything.

This is not looking good.
November 01, 2010 08:31AM
November 04, 2010 03:37PM
@ Reanie could you send me last years assignment questions and exam questions to aliwop@gmail.com please?
November 05, 2010 02:41PM
This is one time consuming SOB module
November 13, 2010 01:13PM
Hi, Reanie. Would you please send me some old exam papers and tutorial letters with memorandums, if possible? I would really appreciate that - will be registering for 2011. My email: birds@absamail.co.za Many thanks.
November 13, 2010 01:52PM
Im afraid Reanie is no longer on these forums, just finished with Unisa earlier this year so you will need to find someone else who holds her stuff.
November 14, 2010 09:35PM
I'm still browsing through sometimes ....
Might be less next year ..... :-(

And with all the subjects being semesterised, my tut's might get to be outdated.

But, the trick is - if you know beforehand what you are going to study, try to gather those subject's tutorials each year - that's how I built up my "library".
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login