Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recently, I’ve acquired a couple country-specific Pandora charms that I am quite excited for!

Posted by ligament 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Recently, I’ve acquired a couple country-specific Pandora charms that I am quite excited for!
January 21, 2013 12:08PM
Recently, I’ve acquired a couple country-specific charms that I am quite excited for! I love that Pandora charms has special products that are “exclusive”. It does make it a bit difficult to acquire them and the shipping adds to the price, but it’s been so fun to make new international friends and help one another. This is not just for country-exclusives, but also applies to retired charms as well, since each Pandora markets chooses which charms to retire and charms are retired at different times (the charms that don’t sell well).

The first one of these that I got was a few months ago; I saw a picture on the main Pandora Facebook group where the bracelet had 2 two-tone oxi spacers and I had actually never seen it before! I wasn’t sure if I wanted to get it at first because it was a bit pricey and I didn’t know what I was going to do with it, but I ended up getting it because it is just so cool looking. As one of my Pandora charms sale friends said (hi Hyunin) they look like little shields; and there’s also a matching two-tone oxi pendant that I wasn’t able to get before they were retired. I received mine from Germany (I believe they’re retired there now) and they’re also available in Singapore. I’ve got it on my oxi bracelet with a green and orange theme. I took off all my olivey-green charms from my lime-green bracelet (green oval lights, green trinity spacer, and the green pearl dangle with oxi swirls). I wanted to mix that up with orange because I managed to get a hold of the perfume bottle and the thimble which have long since been retired in the US. So far, I’m quite pleased with the result; I will keep you updated!

When I got my CNY charms, I knew I should start a red themed bracelet because red is a lucky color in China. So I had a Pandora charms UK friend help me get the red puzzle piece from Australia, it was never released in the US. Most people associate the puzzle pieces (there are three colors, red, yellow, and blue) with Autism Awareness as that’s their symbol. Fun fact, the reason why this charm isn’t available in the US is because the puzzle piece is slightly different than the National Autism Society’s puzzle piece symbol - the one that’s available in other countries have two nobs, one on top and on the bottom, whereas, the symbol for the US has only a nob on top and is flat on the bottom.

Last week, I received the cricket bat which is exclusive to Australia. This only came out with the new collection and I’m surprised that it isn’t available in the UK. I’m not quite sure why I got this, probably because of the exclusivity! I’ve never seen a cricket game before, and definitely don’t know the rules but this charm is quite cute. The top is a cricket ball and you can even see the stitches. I’m thinking of putting this with the other destination charms, since they’re all dangles and they represent different places.

I’ve got quite a few Pandora UK bracelets going and I’m definitely going to spend some time to finish them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login