Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

few simple questions on the sample exam paper

Posted by 33852758 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
few simple questions on the sample exam paper
September 22, 2006 01:00PM
Good day!

For some reason I managed to figure out the seemingly "difficult" questions, but seem stuck with stuff that I'm sure has a very easy answer but for all my effort cannot seem to find it.

Question 1.1
I've read the textbook so much my brain seems to shut down whenever I open it again. I simply cannot find anything on "space of the input vector" anywhere in chapter 2 or 3. If the answer is in the textbook pls just give me the page number?

Question 1.5
I assume this is the same as figure 2.6? But I have a problem working out the threshold value as I cannot find an example anywhere.

Question 3
I think the statement "Harry has to be present with Tom, or Dick, or both at the same time" is impossible. Here's why:

You cannot send Tom and Dick over together, so it is either Harry and Tom or Harry and Dick. Then once on the other side you cannot send Tom or Dick back and leave Harry at the bank, as Tom and Dick cannot cross together (again). Thus Harry will have to go back to pick up the one left behind, but this leaves Tom and Dick alone on either side of the bank. Surely this is fine? Or is there another way?

And please post more questions / answers - we all appreciate it!

Kind Regards

Michell
Re: few simple questions on the sample exam paper
September 23, 2006 03:10AM
1.1 See bottom of page 29 seciotn 2.2.2 Networks

1.5 The threshold value is the negation of the last value in the final weight vector. See ass1 question 2 on how to train a network. Also page 7 in the tut letter 501 last paragraph explains the final threshold value.

3. Dont read more in the question than what it asks. Tom and dick will fight if left together so first take over one of the two, leave him on the other side of the river and come back for the one left behind. Remember to draw the state representation that must show all possible legal states. So your first state is tdh left bank. You then have either
t or d left on the left bank
then harry comes back to fetch the last person so the state rep looks like
tdh
/ \
t d
| |
th dh
\ /
nil

So now all are on the right hand side of the river

Hope this helps

Marius

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login