Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Pracs received

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Pracs received
November 02, 2009 01:16PM
Re: Pracs received
November 02, 2009 01:23PM
sweet. mines there. sorry for it being so late sad smiley
November 02, 2009 02:59PM
Ha ha Mauritz... Sun @ 23:09 .... Just made it hey bud winking smiley
November 02, 2009 04:15PM
Yup mines there , hope everything still works ok , murphies law.
when will we know , the outcome !!!

well goodluck everyone ,may PHP be with you.....

smoking smiley When all else fails , read instructions grinning smiley
smiling smiley Reading is a course on it's own ! smiling smiley
November 02, 2009 08:48PM
hahahaha im telling you, I worked like crazy this weekend to get it working. I actually found a bug this morning while testing. Its not really major, but I guess not all code will be bug free smiling smiley
November 03, 2009 09:45AM
yea i am there hahahahahaha now i can wait any more !
November 03, 2009 09:53AM
Phew! I'm there winking smiley

I had submitted on Wednesday and then found a small bug when I looked it over again (when you rename files, make sure it propagates throughout) and also my friend asked me about it when I showed my stuff to her. Then of course I wanted to tweak some more and started breaking my code and decided that what I had was it.

Chris
~~~~
"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."
November 04, 2009 11:35AM
Dear Mac

We Zama(72440163) and Khethiwe (72440112) would like to apologise for not submitting the practice on time, reason being that we were attending a strategy session for the whole of last week we only came back today. We will be submitting by the end of tomorrow.

Thanks for your understanding

Kind regards
Khethiwe & Zama
November 05, 2009 01:47AM
November 06, 2009 02:56PM
Mine doesn't appear.... am I the only one ?
November 06, 2009 04:24PM
Zama or Khethiwe, did you manage to hand in your assignments? What is the strategy session you were on? The only strategy the rest of us had was to finish our assignments on time, worked like crazy everyday until the early mornings to finish our assignments (as you can see only got to hand it in on Sunday night at 23:00) so if you guys only started on Wednesday, id love to know your secret to get the projects done on time for Thursday winking smiley
November 08, 2009 06:10PM
Hi Mac
please i would like to know if you received my pracs it `s not appear on the list.

tene jehu ( 77251016 )
Mac
November 09, 2009 07:17AM
That is a screenshot of my mailbox from way back so your name cannot appear on it..... Have received it.
November 09, 2009 12:08PM
Ok thanks for the affirmation... 1 was beginning to worry..... any chance of a newish screenshot perhaps... smile ?..... Seeing one's name on the shot does give one some end-of-the-day satisfaction...... smile)
... anyway which short programme are guys tackling next?(if one passes this one that is)..... I noticed at the back cover of the prescribed book that there is a book for a more complicated level of PHP.... I wonder if Unisa's considering it for next year?.... if not yet, then Sir Mac, which short programme would U recommend for one to do next? ... another Mac question:.... if one manages to complete a BSC how long should one expect to complete the Honours?..... (at Unisa that is)......
Mac
November 09, 2009 03:13PM
Mmmm - it takes about 3 years to get an advanced course approved. No time for that now - unfortunately. I'd go for the Visual Basic or Java course. How long a Hons degree takes depends on whther you are married or not, have kids etc smiling smiley
November 12, 2009 11:02AM
I checked out the phorum for the intro to Java course - one very disgruntled student & not much else. Is the course really worth it?
November 12, 2009 11:22AM
and is it java or javascript?
November 12, 2009 11:57AM
i c java .. and I see Hamilton is quite right, the java student does not appear to be too happy with her course! "should have done php" smiling smiley
November 12, 2009 02:35PM
i am thinging of doing c++ but there's also not much going on in that forum......are the next unisa course going to be problem courses??

Will it be a wise decision to do the c++ course mac?

At least the php course rocked and mac helped a lot! Thanks Mac!

Cheers
November 12, 2009 02:50PM
I think Java is the way to go, I checked the demand for Javarians is immense......
avatar Q 4romTo those who don't quite make it
November 17, 2009 11:53AM
If one somehow fails this (PHP) course..... I hear one would have to resubmit the project in MAY.... and will have to pay the reg fee... how much is the reg fee... U can give me a quote based on this year cuz the whole module costed me about R3500... so how much of that is a reg fee) and does one still have to participate in the forum topic by topic..... Im scared my Project has too many bugs cuz I had to redo it in a hurry after I'd busted my motherboard.....
November 17, 2009 02:14PM
So... in that case is there any other course that MAC's facilitating?..... I swer I will follow him... Im a Mac Disciple now....... failing which ... I will then take Java or VB....
Mac
November 17, 2009 02:45PM
If I did not know better I would bet you are now fishing for marks smiling smiley Relax. Marking code is not marking answers. I just need to find enough to convince me that you understand the basics - what this course is about. One parse error does not render the rest of the correct code obsolete.
November 17, 2009 04:28PM
Hi Guys

C++ was horrible i did it last year, and lecturer was not interactive like this course.... I failed it hopeless... i gave it a break and told myself to study thru a class and not correspandances... But then i did php... But that was much better because everyone helped one another not C++, was every man for him or herself!!!

Java nice but difficults... its enjoyable... I wonder if UNISA is going to start with Websphere???

Rgds

Radhika
Anonymous User
November 18, 2009 07:58AM
Hi guys

Here's a thought: maybe we should register to do java together next year? At least then we'll get the support we need from each other on the forum, not like this year's java group...

@mac: Are there any other short courses that you teach (or plan to teach in the near future)?
Mac
November 18, 2009 09:06AM
Ecommerce - but that is not nearly as intensive as PHP - more theoretical, therefore I find that the forum is not used much by students. The prac there generates some queries though, but hardly any questions since the prac manual is fairly comprehensive & no coding is required.
November 20, 2009 02:38PM
mmmm UNISA does not do C# that would have been fun , i am doing VB.NET next year

November 20, 2009 02:39PM
when will we know the outcome of our marks

November 21, 2009 10:29AM
If U are not married or either don't have kids or do have them but are not staying with them..... the only other time-consuming activity in yo life is say an 8-hour a day job.....
November 24, 2009 03:59PM
Hey everybody! does anybody have any news on our results???

Maybe if mac can just say how many of us passed that would help lol! grinning smiley

I cant take the waithing anymore! eye rolling smiley

Ryno tongue sticking out smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login