Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Project complete

Posted by fcb 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
fcb
Project complete
October 15, 2009 12:03PM
Dr Mac, must I e-mail you my zipped folder?
Mac
Re: Project complete
October 15, 2009 02:10PM
Yip - name the zip files your studnent number.

Thus - move all your files into a folder that you name your sno. Zip that folder, so that when I unzip it, it will create a sno directory with the files below it please. Makes it easier for me smiling smiley
October 15, 2009 02:47PM
Hey Mac

Do you only start marking from a certain date? Or if we hand it in early could you get us our marks early?

Thanks
Stanton
Mac
October 15, 2009 04:38PM
Even if it did start marking early, which I won't (hey - I have a full life - have to fit is all in smiling smiley), it MUST be released through the Unisa channels, unfortunately for you - but fortunately for me. Can you imagine releasing 5000 students results (assume other modules) two times - unofficially and officially!!! So I guess you will have to wait - spend more time on it, really impressing me smiling smiley

Did you apply ALL you have learned?
October 16, 2009 07:58AM
Ha ha sorry you have a good point Mac.

Interesting question. I guess the answer right away would be no i have not, but i have not found it all necessary...

I am going back and slowly making my code smarter. I must have gone through it like ten times already.

Should i try to include most of that we learnt even if it's not too necessary?

I mean i tried not to use things like cookies because i found it unneccesary, but will we be marked down if we don't show that we know how to use them?
Mac
October 16, 2009 10:42AM
As long as you make use of sessions, no need for cookies.
October 20, 2009 04:23PM
Hey Mac...

Thanks again for advising me to go back and spend more time on my project.

I think i've made it double as good as my first release. Funny how you only think of certain things as you spend time testing and working with your own website.

I must have added in a whole handful of extra pages, error checks, logic error fixes, shortcuts etc etc...

Finally i'm almost done... Just gonna do a few final sweeps to make sure all code is commented adequately and looks neat and easy to read.

Have a great week ahead!

Regards
Stanton
October 27, 2009 05:20PM
I spent the last five days working on finalising my project.

I added the last bit about 10 minutes ago and I'm happy with it.

I don't want to go looking back, but it should be a good idea to improve. Yet, I'm confident with the project I have.

Mac, do you want us to send the database we created too? (I learned a few things about CSV files and importing them into a DB... also, one's cell phonebook makes a good base for building up a DB. My ID numbers didn't make sense, but that was just me making random 13-digit numbers)

Chris
~~~~
"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."
Mac
October 27, 2009 07:23PM
No db CSV required - I provided you with the structure you must use. I only need to change the db connection details (in a single file) and your code should run on my testing server...
October 27, 2009 10:47PM
YAY! Though it was interesting to learn how to use a CSV to upload things into the DB. Too bad Excel lobs off the leading zero of figures. Silly thing.

Now to make the cosmetic change to the student tables and I'm done.
October 28, 2009 11:15AM
Hey all...

Iam DONE YEA!...i think my code is realy good....my not as a professional php developer yet but it works and i really enjoyed the cource now just the log wait for the marks!

hey mac where can i get my student number i dont think i know it can i use my id number as the zip zile name to se the project to you???

Cheers!
Ryno
Mac
October 28, 2009 12:23PM
Nope - student number! Otherwise I have to search for your sno! You will have to contact Unisa - I'm on sabbatical at home so I can't help you sorry...!
October 28, 2009 03:46PM
Done and done and mailed off. Now the wait. The urge to tweak it a little bit more was great, but I didn't want to risk breaking my code again.

Now the wait.

Chris
~~~~
"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."
October 28, 2009 03:55PM
Taking two days off work tomorrow and friday to focus on completing and finetuning the project... eish.. I'm running on the edge here, hopefully I'll be 100% done.
October 29, 2009 09:57AM
i am also done , looking some extra tweaking , it looks good , but having operation today, so if can afterwards tweak ut more i will , but if not ill send it as is sad smiley

smoking smiley When all else fails , read instructions grinning smiley
smiling smiley Reading is a course on it's own ! smiling smiley
October 29, 2009 12:14PM
just mailed it now the LONG wait starts!drinking smiley

i mailed it to ******* this is the right email hey?

anyway let the wit begin!

i tweaked it here and there!

cheers
Ryno
Mac
October 29, 2009 02:03PM
Yes, it is correct - but I've edited out my email address since spam robots just love to harvest email addresses from forums...!
Mac
October 29, 2009 02:05PM
So if you ever use email addresses in your code - google for ways to prevent robots from picking it up...
Anonymous User
October 29, 2009 04:52PM
@Riekert - I thought I was 100% done, but now I keep finding things to change and fiddling here and there...I don't think I'll ever be 100% done with this project lol
October 30, 2009 12:54AM
Yip finished this was fun yet extremely exausting. will send it off tommorrow morning just incase I remember something else.
October 30, 2009 01:11AM
@Prav. haha, yeah true that... I just had everything running and then broke it again when I added validation... oi.... sad smiley
October 30, 2009 05:29PM
My prac is send , hope it to the right address......

please let me know mac

October 30, 2009 09:39PM
Hi Mac sent prac please confirm if you have received.
October 31, 2009 02:08PM
oops i think i win rar my files ,wil that be ok ,or shal i resend them with winzip

Anonymous User
November 01, 2009 05:21PM
I am done too. will email it now!
November 01, 2009 07:57PM
Well was done at 3:30am saturday morning... then drove to Upington from Hermanus and back, now just busy doing a once over and will send as soon as finished.
November 01, 2009 10:53PM
At last! Hope its in time.....
November 01, 2009 10:56PM
Hahaha, no my friend, Im in last smiling smiley
November 02, 2009 12:21PM
nope... I'm possibly last... sent it in @9am sad smiley power went off last nite and only returned this morning... damn eskom. moody smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login