Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Project related

Posted by Slinger 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Re: Project related
October 27, 2009 04:23PM
Nope. I have waited for years to say this..... sorry, the dog ate it! Can I get an extension smiling smiley

This is not too bad until he spits it out.....

http://www.killerphp.com/tutorials/object-oriented-php/php-objects-page-1.php ... skip the videos

http://guidesigner.net/collection-of-development/basic-introduction-of-object-oriented-php/
October 27, 2009 08:36PM
Can a student register for only 1 course is that the assumption. Should I also cater for editing registrtion and what should be allowed to be edited in registration. Have a form to edit and delete course and student information already. Dont know if this is a dumb question at this point or is it just exhaustion.
October 27, 2009 08:47PM
Ok I think its exaustion I now see a student can register for more than 1 course. I seem to have problems editing registration more specifically what should be edited, should I just have option to delete a registration and another to add a registration.
October 27, 2009 11:19PM
Ooo dear these have been long nights.... Please help regarding access. Have creted login.php. Have attached it to link on of manage course on the index.php am I on the right track. This is my code:
?php
session_unset();
?>
<html>
<head>
<title>Please Log In</title>
<head/>

<body>
<form method="post" action="ManageCoursesForm.php">
<p>Enter you username:
<input type="text" name="user">
</p>
<p>Enter you password:
<input type="text" name="pass">
</p>
<p>
<input type="submit" name="Submit" value="Submit">
</p>
</form>
</body>
</html>

As you see the action goes to Manage course do I need to crete another login for Manage students.
October 28, 2009 06:40AM
What is the absolute final deadline for submitting my work?
Is 5 minutes to midnight still Friday enough?

I lost two days work in a mindless moment of replacing my work with an older version.. really stupid I know!
Is there any way possible, that 5 minutes to midnight on Sunday can also be acceptable?

<?php
while ($hope => $chance) {
$Please_save_ me = $please;
)

echo $please ;
}
?>
Anonymous User
October 28, 2009 06:45AM
No. You don't need to create a diff login for Manage students. A link to manage students should be OK maybe in the form of a navigation bar.
Mac
October 28, 2009 08:07AM
I'll accept to Monday morning - but no longer!
October 28, 2009 08:12AM
Thanks Mac... Will check them out. Tell your dog to enjoy for now!
October 28, 2009 09:35AM
Hi Sadiaa

Link your log screen to your Switchboard Page, then its easy for navigation

Rgds
RADHIKA
October 28, 2009 11:35AM
Mac do I need to create an edit registrtion option. Have included ioption to delete student registrtion from a particular course and have also given option to add student to register for a course havind all their details alredy so the form allows choose a course and select student.
October 28, 2009 11:39AM
Regarding log in form not sure how to do it still. Sorry for asking question again have read about in text book but still am so unclear. Have creted the login form the problem is where do I put it I am uncertain how to link to index that is what should the action be.
Mac
October 28, 2009 12:25PM
Saadia - yes - this was argued in a previous post...! I log in as admin, so if I go to the admin menu I should 1st log in.
October 28, 2009 11:12PM
mac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll accept to Monday morning - but no longer!

Whoohoo! thanx. that helps alot... most of my code is now working at least. need to code in the validation now o_0

A quick Q, I've read it in one of the threads I think (can't seem to find where)... when deleting a Course, should the students also be removed(from Dcool smiley or just left course-less? at the moment I coded mine to basically just leave the student course-less so that they could re-register for a course through editing of student info, without having to completely re-register.

Thanx
Riekert
October 29, 2009 08:05AM
Hey Riekert.

Mac said that for the purpose of this course we should assume that if a course has a student registered for it, the course wont be deleted (well i seem to recall so anyway).

So i put in a constraint, whereby a course cannot be deleted if there are students registered for it smiling smiley a nice little error message pops up lol

But anyway, i guess everybody's probably approaching this differently!
October 29, 2009 09:20AM
Would it not be more correct to just warn the admin that the course he/she wants to delete still has students associated with it, but still allow the course to be deleted?

This way the admin does not have to delete tens or hundreds of students when a course is scrapped (remember that a course name can be changed in the "Manage Courses" page so the system will be able to cope with small changes like this).

My thinking is that we are not building a complete commercial system here, so I am not providing for every scenario (like allowing the admin to select multiple students to be deleted at one time, or allowing students to be enrolled for multiple courses etc.).

Hope my line of thinking is correct as it is a bit late for changes smile
October 29, 2009 10:21AM
Hi Stanimal

ok. I see. so rather just through a error and not delete.

Mine does what Ordo said, gives you (admin) a message to say that there is students linked to this course and if it is deleted the students will be without a course.

So that should be fine I think..

Thanx!
October 29, 2009 01:54PM
Cool guys... I added a db admin page, so the user can go in and with one click of a mouse they can empty all of the tables, deleteing all students courses etc, and reset all generators back to 0 tongue sticking out smiley

I found this pretty useful when testing the website myself lol. Just a thought!
Mac
October 29, 2009 02:14PM
If I required from you to build a fully functional (and logical) system it will take you 2 years smiling smiley At some point you have to stop - where is your choice. At minimum as what the tut letter requires. But it is good that you are thinking about it - because it is not just the coding that makes a good app - it is what it and how it offers it. This is when it becomes cool.... you'd be amazed what you can do!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login