Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Random photo shop question

Posted by Meg 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Meg
Random photo shop question
August 09, 2009 08:30AM
Hey

Just been puzzeling around on photo shop, never used it before and still procrastinating with reading the book (i know i know i will read it... eventually). I've been trying to get some random guy out of a scenic pic, object remover really does a bad job, and cloneing leaves a sort of outline. Now I know there are a bunch of graphic designers out there, so if you are feeling nice I would love any hints and tips.

Thanks tongue sticking out smiley
Re: Random photo shop question
August 09, 2009 05:21PM
I usually use the pen tool to draw a near perfect outline around the object i want to cut out. And depending on which version of photoshop you use i convert that path to a selection. Thats the long way to do it but i find it minimises any further feathering or edge blurring many designers do to the image later.
August 09, 2009 06:11PM
After opening your image in photoshop maximise photoshop, hit the Tabs button. This closes all tabs and gives you a better space to see what you doin. Then hit F7 which opens the layers tab. then go to the windows menu flyout near the top of your screen select tools, look for the icon that looks like a pen use this to create an outline around the object,(i usually zoom in by pressing ctrl- + and when i've zoomed in as far as i'd like i press the spacebar to navigate my way around the image. once you happy with the outline go to the paths tab you should find a path thats named workpath press your ctrl key and while holding it down click on workpath. This creates a selection. Go to your layers tab rightclick your background layer and select the duplicate background layer option, hit enter, then with that layer selected hit delete. If the part of your image you want to use deletes then press ctrl-z (the dash means you pressing these buttons simultaneously). Then press ctrl-shift-i then press delete again this should delete the part you don't want save the document as a photoshop image. Then delete your background layer. Go to File>Save As and save your image as a .png or a .gif select the transparency and interlace options.
Meg
August 10, 2009 11:18AM
Oh brilliant thank you smiling smiley Will give that a try tonight.
March 29, 2013 10:25PM
Concentrate on where the various manages are and modifying them without getting the electronic camera away from your eye. Begin with fixed topics and shift onto moving topics. It will be challenging and a little annoying at first, but beneficial once you put it into exercise and come away with the pictures that you imagined.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login