Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EXAM PREP

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
EXAM PREP
November 16, 2009 09:31PM
so how is it going? its slow for me. i dunno wat to concentrate on n wat to just read through. i mean its alot.
Re: EXAM PREP
November 16, 2009 09:55PM
Also very slow, just cant get my mind to concentrate on this one
November 17, 2009 07:47AM
Its slow for me as well. I did notice that the assignments don't cover the entire textbook, I wonder if its safe to cover just that material....700+ pages to regurgitate in 2 hours just seems like madness to me.
Anonymous User
November 17, 2009 06:30PM
d work to be covered in tut 101 and in the assignments is not consistent with wats expected in the exam tut. thats my problem! there is no clear indication as to wat to expect or wat the examiner is looking for, i mean its a two hour paper, a more constructive and direct exam tut wuda been appreciated,this is not the only module we writing.
Anonymous User
November 17, 2009 07:11PM
bron1, if u look at tut 501, chapter three and eight are not part of the syllabus. has anyone written last years paper???
November 17, 2009 08:05PM
Here is my take

TUT102

.... you should be able to .... the following conepts

Chapter 1

Human Computer interaction
Interaction design
Usability goals
User experience

Chapter 2

Conceptual Model

Chapter 5

Affective Aspects

Chapter 7

Data Gathering

Chapter 10

Needs and requirements

Chapter 11

Scenarios
Prototypes

Chapter 13

Decide

Chapter 12 - 14

Evaluation

thus

Chapters 1,2,5,7,10,11,12,13,14

Can somebody clarify this ?
Anonymous User
November 17, 2009 11:28PM
thats exactly my take, i think those r d chapters to concentrate on. i would also go over the four activities as described in chap 9, i dunno bout chapter 15 though. im still busy reading chapter 10. how far r u cornel?
November 18, 2009 07:33AM
Thanks Amy smiling smiley

Those chapters sound about what I had on my list as first priority too.
November 18, 2009 09:16AM
I wish they would just give us a clear indication of what we're supposed to study from the text book.

I see they did just that in last years exam tutorial ('08), according to that they had to study:

ch1
5 (not 5.8)
9 (not 9.4)
10 (not 10.7)
11 (not 11.4,11.6.3 or 11.7)
12 (only 12.1, 12.2, 12.3)
15 (only 15.2.1)

Now this more or less coincides with what was mentioned above. But who knows..??

The only chapters that we're not supposed to study according to tut 501 is:

3, 8 and 9.4.2
Anonymous User
November 18, 2009 09:38AM
im tired of wishing that the exam tut was more helpful so im just gonna concentrate on wat seems to be the GENERAL idea as discussed above cos there no way in hell im gonna have time or brain power to summarize n remember and recall 700 pages. im taking my chances hoping i dont have to see this module again
next year.hopefully i would cover enough of the ambigous "prescribed" textbook content to pass this module.
Anonymous User
November 18, 2009 09:44AM
so how far are u guys with the studying??? are ul done reading? made summaries? starting to revise???? im still on my first read of this wrist injuring textbook. starting chapter 11. still gotta summarize.anyone in my boat?
November 18, 2009 09:55AM
Yep, pretty much, going to start summarizing today and just get a rough outline of the work.

They've got a summary on http://wikistudent.ws/Unisa/INF320E as well, but it's probably based on the previous version of the book / older syllabus. But every bit helps.
November 18, 2009 11:27AM
reply from a lecturer

Unfortunately we cannot discuss the exam content even if it is indirectly by discussing the syllabus but we tried to include as much as possible of the theory that were required for doing the assignments in the exam

my understanding . chapter 1 - 15 ....
November 18, 2009 11:36AM
Ive summarized up to ch 12...still have to summarize the rest and then learn everything....plus I have to finish everything for COS211 which is on monday!\

If its the theory covered in the assignments then its:
Ass 1: Unit 1 - 2
Ass 2: Units 4 - 7
Ass 3: Units 9 - 15

Still a lot of pages!
November 18, 2009 05:49PM
Wow, this is really not fun smiling smiley How are you guys progressing?
November 18, 2009 07:12PM
I am battling, I don’t know if it is because I am lazy or is this work really boring ??
November 18, 2009 07:32PM
I'm on Chapter 6, having read through and summarized all the required chapters up to and including part of Chapter 6.
I'm running out of time so I'm going to read through the remaining chapters and underline what I need to learn in the textbook but not make notes and I'm going to try to learn as I go and not read through now then try to memorize it later.
I'm using 501 to find out what to study and using the Unit Outcomes to pick out the most important facts.
November 18, 2009 08:39PM
Does anyone have the exam tutorial for 2008 or prior to that ? please email it to me cornelvdw@gmail.com. A am looking for more old papers

thank you
November 18, 2009 09:08PM
I've got the previous year's t203, it's the solution to an assignment along with some exam information - but no paper..so not of the greatest use - but I'll send it to you if you're interested

At the moment I'm concentrating on chapters 1,2,5,7,10,11,12,13,14 - if I have time left I'll go over the rest
Anonymous User
November 19, 2009 10:47AM
i jus cant get som momentum going on this module, i mean the subject matter is not boring, its jus going real slow.im still busy reading chapter11, havent made any notes yet. i didnt read thru chap 3 4 6 8. if i have time il go thru em,shheew!
November 19, 2009 11:10AM
I know what you mean, I'm really battling. And it's difficult to piece everything together, there's bits and pieces all over the text book.

If anyone has some extra study notes they're willing to share..please do smiling smiley
November 19, 2009 01:52PM
Went through the forums looking for information about the previous years exams - here's what I found from the 2008 forum:

Give 4 items that are environmental requirements / context of use (this was in Unit 10 - Identifying needs and establishing requirements)

For 2 points, discuss the practical issues in the DECIDE framework

Discuss the affective aspects of interaction

Discuss scenarios (can't work out if they were asked to write an example one)
November 19, 2009 05:04PM
Eish, I'm seriously struggling to keep motivated here.
Read up to chapter 11 and I just don't feel like going on.

If anyone has past papers or tutotials, please email them to me PLEASE ryanherd@mweb.co.za

Thanks
Anonymous User
November 19, 2009 07:42PM
lets just give it all we got.we got four days left. if we can jus focus we wnt hav to see ths module again.i suggest alternatiing between reading and making notes, dnt just read the whole day or make notes the whole day. better yet, is to summarize after each chapter. i also found that there are related pieces of info here and there, maybe once we have made some notes wel see the logic. good luck.
November 19, 2009 07:47PM
rherd Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> If anyone has past papers or tutotials, please
> email them to me PLEASE ryanherd@mweb.co.za
>
> Thanks

I'll mail you the tutorials now - but unfortunately no previous exam papers. I think the course changed somewhat last year as well (read something about a new lecturer somewhere on the previous years forum section), so I'm not sure of how much use older papers would be.

There's some chapter slide shows on here as well, some of them are quite big though: http://www.id-book.com/interactivities_index.htm
November 20, 2009 12:02PM
Ek kannie meer nie confused smiley
November 20, 2009 03:53PM
Cornelvdw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ek kannie meer nie confused smiley

I know what you mean!
November 20, 2009 05:44PM
We all seem to be struggling with finding motivation to study this subject.
Seeing there's so many of us in the same boat, maybe we need to try to motivate each other.

I agree with Amy, there's just a few days left so lets make the most of them.

Maybe we should post anything that we have found interesting about this subject or something we have learnt from it and maybe it will motivate us or tell us what you're looking forward to being able to do after the exams and maybe that will help.
Anybody got any other suggestions?
November 20, 2009 05:54PM
One thing that is motivating me is that if I study hard now and pass, I can enjoy my two month study break, if I fail I won't get a holiday because I'll be too busy studying for the supp.
November 20, 2009 07:11PM
I do agree with cornellvdw on the content layout.
I just don't know what to make of the last point: Evaluation of interactive systems... seems to cover quite a lot of work!
I really do think that one of the longer question (10-15 marks) will be on the DECIDE framework.
What do you guys think?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login