Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Possible Exam Questions

Posted by Rey 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Rey
Possible Exam Questions
November 21, 2009 04:35PM
Help me answer these smiling smiley or add to what you think will be in the exam

Possible questions

1.1 (15)
Usability Goals for a remote,cellphone ect.

1.2 (10)

1.3 (10)
Affective interfaces

2.1 (14)
Data gathering technique question of some type.

2.2 (3)

2.3 (10)
Prototyping (Maybe)

2.4 (3)

2.5 (15)
Discuss one or more components of the DECIDE framework. Prepare for an essay type question

What you think?

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Rey
Re: Possible Exam Questions
November 21, 2009 09:06PM
Can someone please assist. I don't know where to start with this question

Question 3:
The term ‘affective’ refers to the generation of an emotional response. In INF320 we consider how
interactive systems can be designed to provoke emotion within users.

Choose any three aspects of affective computing as subheadings and explain how interfaces and
interaction experiences can engender emotions in the user. In each subsection, give examples of
specific techniques or objects that elicit various kinds of emotional responses. Appropriate subheadings could be, for example: expressive interfaces, emoticons, frustrating interfaces, persuasive technologies, anthropomorphism, interface agents.

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
Anonymous User
November 21, 2009 10:45PM
i think u wud need to first explain each aspect and then using examples u cud show how that aspect generates human emotion. for eg. expressive interfaces makes use of emoticons,sounds,icons and agents. these provide feedback that create a more enjoyable experience.an example wud be the happy mac icon <pg 182> which create feelings of ease and comfort within the user. users feel reassured. this is just my suggestion, dunno if im onthe right track.
Rey
November 22, 2009 09:13AM
Thank you smiling smiley

----
Anonymous User
November 22, 2009 09:59AM
wat is it that is suppose to be studied in chapter 14 and 15. what is the theory???
Rey
November 22, 2009 10:24AM
I think if you can give an essay question (15 marks) on Usability testing or Analytical evaluation you should be fine.
i.e. For 15 marks describe ... The key points, when were and who . Maybe in regards to an (web) interface.

----
November 22, 2009 01:24PM
Possible questions

1.1 (15)
Usability Goals for a remote,cellphone ect.

1.2 (10)
Conceptual Model / Metaphors

1.3 (10)
Affective interfaces

2.1 (14)
Data gathering technique question of some type.

2.2 (3)

2.3 (10)
Prototyping (Maybe) / or Needs and Requirements

2.4 (3)

2.5 (15)
Discuss one or more components of the DECIDE framework. Prepare for an essay type question
November 22, 2009 02:24PM
2.2 (3)

Formulate Questions

- Usability Goals to Questions Page 20

Or is there some other chapter where you have to formulate questions ?
avatar Re: Possible Exam Questions
November 23, 2009 05:27PM
(2.2) could also ask for interview questions a la assignment 2 question 5.2

--
"A man is the less likely to become great the more he is dominated by reason: few can achieve greatness - and none in art - if they are not dominated by illusion." Mr. Doctor
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login