Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam

Posted by Mariusvn 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam
October 12, 2006 09:45AM
To the lecturers:

Thanks for the english comprehension test - specially under pressure.

I also thought we had finished with the practical exams already.

More time or shorter paper would have made this not so bad but it was a super crap exam

Re: Exam
October 12, 2006 12:36PM
err... the exam only starts in an hour and a half! Sure you wrote the right paper?
gaf
October 12, 2006 06:11PM
Well looking at his address, I guess he is from New Zealand, and they are far ahead of us time wise.

Anyway, I just got back from writing the exam, the idea of multiple choice questions in an open bok exam is nasty, I spent to long checking my answer for them to be worth the one mark each. I completely ran out of time in the end, but now I guess all we can do is wait and see.
E
October 12, 2006 08:27PM
Yip....all I can say is I wish there was more time! The multiple choice was nasty you're absolutely right!!
October 13, 2006 08:58AM
I agree. This was probably the most difficult exam of my life. I never have problems with finishing intime. I will just have to pray till the day we receive the results!!
Anonymous User
October 13, 2006 09:24AM
Agree.Super super super grap exam.I left the multiple q for last and had about 8 min to do them.It was terrable.
October 13, 2006 07:25PM
that they were all posed as negatives threw me rather a lot as well. it's a lot harder to think of what something is not than to say what it is (for me anyway).
October 15, 2006 10:34AM
I walked in expecting to fail badly. I think I might have passed,barely. My other papers I made the mistake of attempting to answer all questions. Here I spent 2 hours on the non code related sections trying to get them right. Hopefully for the other 2 questions bull shit would give me a few marks.

I still have no idea how to answer questions 2 & 3 properly.
Both were 5 marks each, the second said "please note this q counts as 5 marks". Did they or did they not want an essay answer. A Discussion. Or just the points like Location, access, migration etc ?

October 18, 2006 01:58PM
I beg to differ here, considering the truly super crap INF305 which almost set off a student revolt in the forum: the COS311 exam was certainly not too difficult (for an open book, ha!) and I found it actually delightfully easy. Admittedly, I had a gruelling third assignment that nearly killed me (to use the hyperbole), but this prepared me well for the exam. Considering the ludicrous amounts of the theory they could have pulled from the textbook, I think they were being very fair.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login