Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

subdirectory in zipped file.

Posted by ilanpillemer 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar subdirectory in zipped file.
July 31, 2006 05:37AM
Hi Bob,

My zip file had one folder in it containing the required files.
I just rightclicked the folder, zipped and sent it.

Now I noticed the instructions say the zipped file should not include any subdirectories.

Am I in trouble?

Regards,
Ilan
avatar Re: subdirectory in zipped file.
July 31, 2006 05:41AM
I sent it a second time to on your website without subdirectory and got this reply.

Results of your upload
Hi there 32574959
Do I know you?
Seems I do! Hi there MR I PILLEMER
Testing the zipfile ...

Archive: /tmp/phpfx8CIJ
testing: Bank.idl OK
testing: bank_impl.cc OK
testing: bank_impl.h OK
testing: Makefile OK
testing: client.cc OK
testing: server.cc OK
No errors detected in compressed data of /tmp/phpfx8CIJ.

Your zip file looks ok - proceeding ...
File from 32574959 successfully uploaded on Monday 31st of July 2006 05:40:12 AM
Please keep a copy of this page as proof that you did upload successfully.
Re: subdirectory in zipped file.
July 31, 2006 08:56AM
The second one has replaced the first one. Well not strictly true. Each time you upload an assignment it gets stored as <student number>_<timestamp>.zip. The older one will simply be ignored.

Bob
avatar Re: subdirectory in zipped file.
July 31, 2006 10:59AM
Whew...

Now I should get the DP. (Which what this assignment game, tachlis, is really about in terms of getting through the degree and getting the letters.)

Now, I did not complete the assignment properly.

I did not get the self-destruction of the non-self aware account working properly. It was approximately 6am in the morning... I was working on my new computer. There had been an unexpected domestic in my home; as my wife had declared that SHE needed our one computer to do her assignment and write her exam. And only one person was going to be doing an assignment and it was HER. So I was left spinning and scrummaging for money and a computer. So I had to get it set up and my mind working on the day before the assignment was due. And I had been procrastinating; and I have been under pressure and stress at work. (Just come back from a site inspection in Swaziland, to investigate implementing a computerised warehouse management system there.) Let this be a lesson to me. hmmm... anyways...

I suddenly realised that this last test was not particularly easy... and then I got paranoid that something would go lop sided; and I would not be able to submit (telkom or something else). And now it was the 31st already.

So I thought about it. And submitted... It was satisfactory for getting my DP. I assume. (I still have not got my marks back for Assignment 2; so I am assuming I got decent marks for that assignment.)

OK. Shpiel over. Question arriving....

If I get some time today (my wife needs help desperately preparing for her exam - and says I must help her without excuse so this could be unlikely); but if do...

*and* I can resolve the problem...

(though in all likelihood I will still just leave the assignment as is.)

Am I allowed to upload a third time with a perfect answer?

-- ilAn
July 31, 2006 11:10AM
Yes.
Anonymous User
July 31, 2006 01:48PM
I seem to be lost in the phorum. but where is the upload link?
Anonymous User
July 31, 2006 02:24PM
Does it matter if you upload the IDL file?
July 31, 2006 02:39PM
No its good that you include the idl file - saves copying my one into your directory 200 times.

Where is the upload? http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/bobj/upload

Bob
Anonymous User
July 31, 2006 03:29PM
thanks Bob. I managed to successfully upload the assignment. Now struggling with COS340.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login