Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feelings about exam

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Feelings about exam
November 22, 2009 01:35PM
Who's nervous for the exam? Think you're ready?

Because of 2 hour constraint, might get "lucky" and get asked the things I know thumbs up, or it will be stuff on metaobjects, xml etc that I don't know.thumbs down
I don't think I can handle another year of this module, it has been too taxing on me. I am drained.
Re: Feelings about exam
November 22, 2009 03:09PM
I pretty much brain drained here too. For the past three days I spent about 9-12 hours per day, studying and killing brain cells on this module. smile
Still about 4 hours of learning left for me. 19H00 I’m putting the books down, and will look forward to enjoying a cold one (i.e. a coke. . .no dop!)

But I'll be ready as ever. I just hope it will be enough. . . .and hoping the correct questions will be ask (excluding XML and MetaObjects). Good luck for us all!
Rey
November 22, 2009 03:49PM
Well I started Monday and took study leave from work. Have had 8am-10pm study days. Yesterday and this morning I revised INF320 (Tuesday Exam).

Every hour or so I start shouting randomly......
My mind is a sponge, it's bleeding and starting to leak all over the floor....aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrghhh......

Do you get that feeling when you look at a book, that you want to throw up or it's about to jump off the table and beat you?

----
"Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss." - Douglas Adams
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." - Louis Hector Berlioz
I think animal testing is a terrible idea; they get all nervous and give the wrong answers.
November 22, 2009 05:11PM
Wow, it sounds like you guys are ready .....

Last night I had a break and went to a braai and one of the guests asked what exam I was writing. For a while I could not even remember.

Today is revision cramming of all the notes that I have written. If I have missed anything now, then tough.

GOOD LUCK to all. Check in afterwards to say how you think it went.
November 22, 2009 08:02PM
Yip, taken about 5 hours break! Who does that on the day before an exam like COS311?
I just can't take it anymore, going to do a few more hours now (kids eventually in bed) and then call it quits.
Come what may...!

@Duncan - no, don't quite feel ready. If it is modifying code to suit signals/slots & threading then I'm fine-ish.
It is the rest of the book that worries me.
November 22, 2009 08:48PM
Well, I guess we don't have much of a choice. We better be ready. It gives me the calm I need before the storm, and hel, if I go down tomorow, at least I tried my very best. . . Hope I'm not the only one believing so?

Good night from my side, and good luck to us all tomorow!

Signing out. smile
Anonymous User
November 22, 2009 09:12PM
been working hard on saturday day (had to attend a braai in the evening - kept it tidy) then worked sun morning and went hiking and was supposed to attend the Clegg concert which was sold out. Had 2 cold ones on top of Chapman's peak and 2 more at the pub in Noordhoek. Back in the saddle for the final push. Good luck,all smiling smiley
November 23, 2009 01:39AM
My luck; I got sick on Wednesday and I havent studied. Just got out of bed for the first time in 3 days and hopefully i can cram before the exam later today.
Anonymous User
November 23, 2009 02:50AM
I just want to get it over with
November 23, 2009 05:56AM
I'm going to the exam expecting to fail (again). Not a good feeling, but I know how much I've (not) studied. Hope last minute going over the work will help shift the odds.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login