Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How much detail is enough?

Posted by PretoriaSux 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
avatar How much detail is enough?
November 14, 2009 12:39PM
Hi everyone,

If you look at Question 1.1.2 in the 2008 exam (Tut letter COS3114/104/2009) it states

Include both header and cpp files.

Now the solutions require only a few changes to the cpp and header files. It seems like a waste of time to re-write the entire header and cpp files to include the one liners. Considering this is a 2 hour paper... I would like to save as much time as possible. In your opinion would this be an acceptable solution?

Language: C++ (QT)
... #ifndef PRIMECOUNT_H ... class PrimeCount: public QObject{ ... int getCounter(); signals: void foundPrime(); protected: int sNumber, eNumber, counter; .... } #endif

I'm going to mail the lecturers now... If I get a response, I will post it here.
Re: How much detail is enough?
November 14, 2009 02:04PM
Can I use this for answer to the question in the other posting?
avatar Re: How much detail is enough?
November 14, 2009 03:08PM
@Shaun,

You may absolutely use the code. I'll email you my answers during the course of tonight and tomorrow so you can include it in your post.
November 14, 2009 06:45PM
@Pretoria

That question only counts 4 marks, so I would personally only do enough work for 4 marks & add comments like "//for loop from original code goes here".
I'm sure that would be acceptable as they wouldn't be marking their own code but rather the changes you've made.
November 14, 2009 06:59PM
@Pretoria - thanks
avatar Re: How much detail is enough?
November 16, 2009 09:22AM
Hi Guys,

Petra replied to my mail (very quickly: I'm impressed by how fast I got a response). Here is a summary of what I got back

1 Using ellipses is okay, however, make sure nothing is ommitted. I assume that we must show where in the original code our new code will go; Similar to what I've done in the first message of this thread.

2 We can write code out in pencil; so long as it is neat and legible.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login