Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Quiet Forum ...

Posted by ian.coetzer 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Quiet Forum ...
April 01, 2009 11:24PM
Hi,
don't get jealous now (remember I'm only taking two modules this year) but .... I just submitted assignment 3!
I'm enjoying this module a lot now, I battled with assignment #2 but managed to completed #3 with JUST information in the textbook, no need to look up previous exam papers etc. it contains mostly drawing of Turing Machines and an explanation of a 2 stack PDA (2PDA) which I enjoyed a lot, hopefully the theory and content that covers assignment #4 is also going to be so much fun as this was.

Why is this forum so quiet, I have a feeling it is going to pick up later on this year because this work can get tricky especially things that was covered in assignment #2 ...

Bye
April 02, 2009 12:01AM
My 2nd time around. I also found all the assignments relatively easy to do last year. Then came the exam and I've obviously buggered everything up.
Maybe everyone is finding the first assignment easy - it's just the last question that really needs a bit of thinking. I agree that the work starts to get a bit more complicated later on.
Re: Quiet Forum ...
April 02, 2009 09:10AM
I started the year off quite productive with this subject, actually making notes and trying to understand all the work instead of skimming over the material and hoping like hell, like I did with the previous years of this subject....but the time seems to go so fast that 1 April approached quicker than I realised and I ended up as usual doing the assignment in a hurry. Hope to post a lot on this forum and whack this subject first time smiling smiley
April 02, 2009 10:49AM
ian.coetzer Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
> don't get jealous now (remember I'm only taking
> two modules this year) but .... I just submitted
> assignment 3!

Haha. I only managed to submit assignment 1 about 22:30 yesterday (that doesn't come close to my 23:55 sessions. quite exhilarating grinning smiley ). But I'm doing 9 modules so I'm on a hectic schedule.

Yeah, I'm loving this module. Everything seems so easy, and everything makes sense the first time I read it (coughcos340cough). Possibly the textbook is just brilliant (coughcos340cough).

Maybe the first assignment was just easy and that's why no-one is posting, or maybe just a handful of people are doing it.
April 02, 2009 11:50AM
I think perhaps maybe only a handful of people are doing it, given the number of ppl that had to do 1st and 2nd year more than once.

The textbook is great, just think when you leave 2/3 chapters to the last minute with very little sleep, it all starts looking like a blur smiling smiley
April 02, 2009 01:27PM
I think that I got confused in the exam with the different graphs. My track-record for this subject group is fail one, pass one. So, I'm busy with the last stitch in the jersey.
April 02, 2009 01:51PM
@Reanie - yeah I know the feeling smiling smiley Hoping to break the track record and get this one first time round
April 08, 2009 01:36PM
Yeah, I didn't find assignment 1 too difficult. Having quite a bit more trouble with assignment 2.
From what Ian says though I'm looking forward to assignment 3 smiling smiley

Also doiing 9 subjects this year...my time management skills are being put into practice for sure.
April 12, 2009 07:17PM
9 Subjects, wow that is serious, I hope you don't have to work fulltime like I do as well??
I hardly manage to keep myself awake after 20:00 in the evenings to study and have to usually get some sleep to tackle the next days intense work and excersise.

Cheers
April 12, 2009 09:07PM
Haha... yes full time work is what makes it that much more interesting smiling smiley
Anonymous User
May 03, 2009 01:30PM
Everything always seems easy in the exam room, never had problems wit this one. jus finished my assignment#2, hectict schedule,
September 18, 2009 10:47AM
i think all you have to do is that you need to make sure that you study every day before u could sleep because missing a single day, it will indeed couse u a big problem and also thinking ahead for the examination just to avoid a lots of confussion. Good luck!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login