Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

i'm looking for a tutor will pay good money

Posted by mtxr 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
i'm looking for a tutor will pay good money
June 01, 2009 10:27PM
Hi there,

I'm in Cape Town. If you are willing to tutor me outside of business hours preferably weekends I'm prepared to hand over some real money. I am offering between R100 and R150 an hour, naturally that will be a function of the marks you attained for this subject and your ability to articulate the work with confidence and eloquence.

I'll take at least 10 lessons covering chapter 3 and parts of chapter 5, and the price is of course negotiable.

Alternatively if you have an old notebook (preferably with written notes (example sums etc) showing the path taken to understand the work) please make me a reasonable offer..

Interested? Please reply by sending me a PM.
Re: i'm looking for a tutor will pay good money
June 10, 2009 09:47AM
I don't think anybody really understands this subject enough to give you any help smiling smiley
June 10, 2009 11:00AM
What do you think about the mismatch between the course material and the textbook?

One gets the feeling the textbook was written for a course that has a heavy focus on implementation of the algorithms in computer code, and you read something like "as per the code algorithm on page 160-161, we get the following table" but nowhere in the course notes (yep all < 100 pages of it) do we get so much as an inkling that maybe trying the stuff out on a computer might help.

I checked out how this course is given at other universities and man, nowhere is it as awful as this. What does the lecturer get paid for anyway? Our assignments are marked by contractors anyway.
Anonymous User
June 10, 2009 02:09PM
I think I'm going to cancel this module and take something else next year - COS233 is optional. If nothing else UNISA could recommend additional books to supplement this module.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login