Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Format of Assignments

Posted by E=MC2 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
February 25, 2009 04:07AM
I know this is a bit late but can anyone please assist with the format for handing in written assignments. (Im planning on submitting it via myUnisa)
I dont see what if anything, Im supposed to put as a heading.
I've seen what my margins are supposed to be but what is meant by "Submit all the programs you are required to write, as well as the input and output of all
programs."
What input and output???

Thanx for any advice given.
avatar Re: Format of Assignments
February 25, 2009 08:27AM
Here's a template that i usually like to complete when handing in written assignments:
Assignment no: x
Module :           COS112V
Student no:

Input --> your code
Output --> output generated by your code

eg,
Your input would be:
Language: C++
//Hello World demonstration for E=MC2 #include <iostream> using namespace std;   int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; return 0; }

Your output would be:
Hello World!
Press any key to continue . . .
thumbs up smiley
February 26, 2009 05:51PM
Thanks for the reply Wiseguy.
Another thing I forgot to ask was about the colour in the document. Will I have to remove all colour before converting to .pdf or
will it make no difference? As in my experience when printing pdf files to a non-colour printer it simply prints it in black and white.

Thanks again for any replies.
February 27, 2009 09:14AM
My suggestion would be to not print to pdf in colour.When one prints a colour pdf document to black and white some colours (especially the lighter colours) are not visible enough.
Will I have to remove all colour
before converting to .pdf or 
 will it make no difference?

100% correct but as i mentioned above take care before you submit a colour pdf document.
As in my experience
 when printing pdf files to a non-colour printer it
 simply prints it in black and white.
thumbs up smiley
Re: Format of Assignments
February 27, 2009 11:01AM
Dear E=MC2

The input is NOT the program code. You have to submit the input, the program code and the output.

An example: you have to write a program to process a file containing students' marks in order to calculate an average mark for each student.
In this case the input is the file containing the test marks, and the output would be the average mark for each student.

Therefore you have to submit the file containing the students' marks, the program code and a copy of the screen output or the file to which the output was written.

Mrs MA Schoeman
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login