Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Exam - afterthoughts

Posted by highveldstorm 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Exam - afterthoughts
October 30, 2006 01:21PM
What did y'all think of todays exam?

I finished everything with about an hour to spare.

It was the best exam I wrote this year so far (COS211 being the most difficult).

Good luck for the rest!
Re: Exam - afterthoughts
October 30, 2006 02:19PM
That sounds promising.
I'm writing in a few hours time only. My only concen right now is if I'll get stuck in the %$!#$ snow on my way to the exam.
October 30, 2006 02:28PM
Hi,

I also finished the paper in 2 hours. I didnt think it was so bad, I expected much worse .....

And today I finished my exams .... Yeeha !!!! .... well thats if I dont have to do a sup for COS211 .... cause that was a nightmare !!!!!

Cheers
October 30, 2006 02:31PM
Do they have different exams for each time zone, do you think? eye popping smiley
October 30, 2006 02:55PM
Hi All ,

Can you guys tell me more about the exam espcially the ULM

Please give me a description of the questions

Thanx Guys
October 30, 2006 03:38PM
Is that Unified Language Modeling? It would solve the current language crisis in europe smile
October 30, 2006 03:42PM
I just need to know the what type questions tha came out in the exam
TX
October 30, 2006 03:44PM
An excellent exam, I think. Not as bad the I thought it could be...

Same here HighVeld, had atleast 45 minutes to spare...

So thats Information System II in the bag in the bag for me. Just one more, this Friday and that the exams.

TKONTK, have fun bundu bashing the snow driffs, I forget that international writers have a time difference, so any post exam hints might be communicated.

My Tip: Use Case Diagram, Class diagram, state diagram, activity chart & sequence diagram, mmm, that all of them except collaboration diagram and use cases / senarios. Refresh on those.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CameronTaljard

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
Scott Adams, 'The Dilbert Principle'
October 30, 2006 03:49PM
Lol, We could tell you the exact questions, but that would just not be cricket.

CameronTaljard

Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep.
October 30, 2006 03:51PM
TX Camerom

I will be writing next year....

I just hope it was not like the assignment 5 question
October 30, 2006 03:55PM
Ok, thought you were in a different time zone and were still going to wite the same paper.

Not like Last assignment question, similar to assignments 1 to 4 and a couple extras.
October 30, 2006 03:58PM
No all Questions on UML were focussed on specific diagrams. There wasn't a huge case study that had to be analyzed from start to finish, if that's what you wanted to know.
October 30, 2006 04:02PM
What snow in October? I thought Czech Rep. was bad. You must be in Canada TKONTK?
October 30, 2006 04:08PM
HighVeld? are you in the Czech Rep?

I think she mention one time that she was in North America, so depend which side of the continent: she has about 6 to 12 hours more to studying than we do, so not fair, lol.
October 30, 2006 04:36PM
LOL... just a tad unfair. It would be cool to see what people have to say b4 you go in. Although if I had seen the COS211 thread b4 going to write, i might have not gone in at all eye rolling smiley

Yep stuck in CR... it's getting cold here but no snow yet.
October 30, 2006 10:40PM
I'm on the prarie western Canada.
We had a snow storm yesterday and as usual always before a Monday. Saturday was +17C and today - 14C. I thought I'm going to be hours late for the exam.

Anyway it is over now and I hope not to be spending much more time in this forum.
My impression was that there were lots of time to go through the paper twice. I studied too much theory and not enough practical.

I am pretty sure that the papers are different. If they were not it would be pretty unfair to people in Australia because the rest of the world could then cheat.
Of course you do realize that if you share information about the paper that you will be kicked out of UNISA. I wil also be kicked out for stealing information then. So don't do it.

One more to go!
October 31, 2006 09:15PM
I don't know if every exam venue follows the same rules but I always thought that the reason they ask for the exam papers back was to stop people sharing questions with people who haven't written yet. Only people who have white question papers get to keep theirs. Green and yellow-orange papers have to be returned, well, at least at my venue.

As far as the exam goes, I also finished in around 2 hours but as I was walking up the aisle, I took a peek at what other people were doing (gasp). Have I made a huge stuff-up or have others? I saw a number of people drawing entity/control/interface symbols in their scripts. I didn't see the need in any of my answers. Did I miss something? I just did an ordinary class diagram.
November 01, 2006 01:48PM
I think that might have been necessary for the sequence diagram.
November 01, 2006 07:34PM
I agree, for the sequence diagram, I'm thinking. Above the each lifeline there should be either an actor or stereotype.

Hopefully UniSA have some controls to combat the inter-continental cheating. lol. Perhaps a phorum tap or undercover agents.

HighVeld, you must originally be from the highveld. what are you doing in CR, work?

CameronTaljard

November 02, 2006 09:01AM
Yep from Joburg originally. Working for a dotcom in Prague now.

Gotta get back to the studies. 3 more to go.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login