Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment Query

Posted by Pikachu 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment Query
February 02, 2009 11:28AM
The following is stated on the link provided by Unisa (http://cs-cert.unisa.ac.za/itec/): " 05 January 2009 : Added Tutorial Letter 1 and assignment 1 and 2, as well as various articles 1 - 7". However I can not seem to find the assignment 2 in the download section.

When would the assignment 2 be released, and would it be possible to get some basic information on the implementation of the e-commerce website? I already know that the site will be hosted on UNISA's servers, but which scripting languages will that allow us to use (thats if the website-part of the course will be that technical)? Also will there be a pre-created database which we will base our products for the site on, or is the whole idea to start from scratch and see what type of e-commerce site will be best used for the question scenario?

It would be nice to know what types of products the site will contain to make designing easier from the beginning. If its the case that all these questions will be answered in the physical assignment_2, then ignore all but the very first question lol.

Sorry for sounding impatient lol, its just i like to start with pencil diagrams and sketches before i start the design stage of my sites, and even though there is alot of time left for site implementation, i am already so excited!!!

Hope to see more of the students on the forum because atm this is the only category on the forum thats empty, leaving me to think im the only one not knowing whats going on lol!

Ps. A good result is always traced back to a crap idea! So dont be shy to use your head!
Mac
Re: Assignment Query
March 31, 2009 04:11PM
See the other post. You will not be using any scripting languages (this is an introductory course. If you had to this course will run over at least 1 year, if not longer!). We provide you with a shopping cart all set up, and it is up to you to populate it with products of your choice, and to customize it. You can however add your own graphics to personalize the site, like a log and cart buttons etc.

The prac will be made available on Friday.
Mac
Re: Assignment Query
March 31, 2009 04:41PM
You can have a peep here at the back-end here
http://osprey.unisa.ac.za/mac/ecom/01/catalog/admin/

Do not enter/edit - just look smiling smiley

If you right-click any image, you can save it to your computer and start designing your own image, using this image you've downloaded as a template (ie.e. it must be the same dimensions).
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login