Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prac available

Posted by Mac 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Mac
Prac available
April 02, 2009 08:54AM
I have made the prac tut and prac documentation available. Please post problems here.
Mac
Re: Prac available
April 03, 2009 08:45AM
No looks? No questions so far?
April 06, 2009 09:18AM
Just a quick question.
I have registered site 06 this morning, double checked all the initial changes that needed to be done to the config files (both configure.php files).

Ive followed the instructions in the tut102_sem1_prac2009.pdf file up to the create a "new category" part.

Fruits have been created successfully, however, i cannot upload an image for it:
1) The image is the correct size (85 x 60)
2) The image is in a correct web standard format. (.jpg) tried (.gif) as well
3) Im trying the filemanager to upload the file, but get NO errors OR confirmation that the file has been uploaded.
4) The image does NOT show up under the following Server directory: ..../06/catalog/images

Back in the admin area:
1) On the Categories / Products area. Fruits (Category) is created.
2) Clicking Edit on "Fruits Category" allows the following option: "Category Image: " with a "choose..." button
3) This "choose..." button browses my LOCAL machine, is this not supposed to browse the Web server?

I dont think ive done something wrong here. I think it might be that I do not have the correct administration rights on my folders yet to upload any additional files.

PLEASE NOTE: I am using OPERA web browser, if its got to do with my browser then I guess IE would just have to do ^ ^
Would it be possible to use our own FTP software to connect to our sites?
Would it also be possible to close access to the Public on these threads, so we can use full directory paths etc... without being hacked lol I know it sounds rediculous but some people are out there trying to have fun with things like this, and atm all our "own ecommerse sites" for the practicals are accessable to "the whole world". Sorry if I wasnt supposed to say it on here : (
April 06, 2009 09:24AM
SORRY, did indeed find two errors ( one of which i know we should ignore for now as told in the tutorial letter) but imma write them down anyway:

These errors are NOT in the filemanager tho, but on our Site locations.

Error: Destination not writeable.
Error: Catalog images directory is not writeable: /catalog/images/

I take it we just dont have the right permissions on our directories yet lol hehe sorry
Mac
April 06, 2009 11:06AM
I've changed the permissions.

Can't offer ftp - that is how we got hacked 2 years ago!
Just use directory paths from catalog onwards smiling smiley
Mac
April 06, 2009 11:12AM
> This "choose..." button browses my LOCAL machine, is this not supposed to browse the Web server?

No, upload from your PC. The picture you will see there now is my godchild smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login