Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Free books for foreign students

Posted by Tasha 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Free books for foreign students
May 30, 2008 08:10AM
I studied my undergraduate degree with UNISA out of SA and finding textbooks was a nightmare. The cost as well as the logistics.I have books I used last year to donate to foreign students.

These are for

INF417 , INF418 , INF425

There are conditions. You have to prove that
1. you are registered for the moddule this year
2. you currently live out of SA

I will courier/post the book to you.
Re: Free books for foreign students
January 07, 2009 05:48PM
Hi, doin my Bsc I.T. and Comp Sci, i unfortunately am not yet doin fourth level modules but I totally concur with ya. Getting books is a major pain. It has been more so for me. I got my last three books online from amazon.com and they had to come via South Africa. They only got to me less than three months before exams started. I dont even know how i managed to pass the modules. I am in Zimbabwe and we dont get any of the books in our bookstores. So we have to rely on bookstores outside Zim. The expense is phenomenal if you factor in courier service.

Just wanted to say that's very noble of you. I am sure that the benefactor of those books will be very greatful. Peace...

SupaSain smileys with beer
January 17, 2009 09:57AM
Very noble indeed!
January 20, 2009 11:08AM
Thats wonderfull. GOD bless!
February 08, 2009 01:37PM
God bless you, for if you donate in truth and kindness, you shal as well recieve ubundantly.
February 08, 2009 02:05PM
its really hard to hold of the prescribed books if yuo reside outside the RSA, i ve gone thru that. i travel to RSA for each and every registration period MOST importanlty , for books

Lusaka.
Zambia
February 08, 2009 02:07PM
its really hard to get hold of the prescribed books if a you reside outside the RSA, i ve gone thru that. i travel to RSA for each and every registration period MOST importanlty , for books. its very xpensive but comforting wen you do the assngments and pass exams with ease.

Lusaka.
Zambia
Sorry, you do not have permission to post/reply in this forum.