Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

certificate short course

Posted by Cameron 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
certificate short course
February 18, 2008 08:45AM
Hey everyone,

I want to sign up for a certificate short course, whats the process for signing up, can I use my.unisa web registration or do they use a seperate sign up process.

Thanks, any feedback appreciated smileys with beer
Anonymous User
Re: certificate short course
February 18, 2008 09:13AM
I would think that it works the same way as other subjects. The whole point of myUnisa is so that you can have access to electronic formats of your courses etc.
February 18, 2008 11:28AM
Yes, I'm going through the steps for my.unisa registration registration options and the computer science short courses are not included.

Thats why I ask, is there a seperate process for the CS short courses?
avatar Re: certificate short course
February 18, 2008 11:32AM
what course are you taking?
February 18, 2008 11:41AM
Hey Riann,

I want to do a short course in APM.

CSPM1D-R
February 18, 2008 12:11PM
Looks nice. If you looking for project management stuff, have you considered getting a prince 2 accreditation at some stage? Very valuable in the industry at the moment, looks good on the CV....
February 18, 2008 12:19PM
Will look into it, probably a better option, thanks Riaan.

We should be going on a ITIL course some time soon as well, looking forward to that.
February 18, 2008 12:26PM
try phoning Unisa, you'll probably get the correct information alot quicker.
February 18, 2008 12:39PM
I have, the number on the link; went from dept to dept...then left it. going to try again later.
February 18, 2008 12:45PM
If you have an ITIL/Prince 2 combination, you will be very much in demand. One of my work colleagues just went on a prince 2 course with pink elephant, and passed the exam. I think it would work out the same price than the certificate course, and is much shorter, and might even provide more benefits. The problem with certificate course is it usually repeats what you already know smiling smiley
February 18, 2008 12:55PM
I always suspected managers of living in a fantasy world. Now your story of princes and pink elephants have confirmed it.
February 18, 2008 01:15PM
yip....at least it is not king2 smiling smiley
February 18, 2008 01:16PM
lol.
February 19, 2008 09:33AM
hehhehe, I wonder who was going to get that joke smiling smiley

Mervin king is the chairperson on Strate's board, believe it or not....he sits on the second floor here, I am on the first...
February 19, 2008 05:20PM
That's interesting. I did the Project Management short course the year before I came back to Unisa - to see if my brain was still operational. Some of it was good, but they focused totally on estimating and formulas and left out the people issues.

I was wondering it it would give me any credits on the project management modules in 3rd year.
February 19, 2008 09:44PM
I wanted to do the Project Management course while busy with my degree. I was told that they use exactly the same book as for INF308, just less chapters. So I rather included INF308. There should be a good change that you can get credits - find out.
Mac
February 20, 2008 11:52AM
visit http://cs-cert.unisa.ac.za, or follow the link from osprey to the certificate site..... all is there
February 23, 2008 07:27AM
I also did this short course before starting with BSc.
I found it very interesting, and it opened my eyes to how poorly we were doing things at work. We did not have poorly defined processes in place, we simply had none. It was in implementing new processes and addressing our short comings that I finally stepped up to a management post, and took over the department that I was working in.
August 23, 2010 10:14AM
Hi

I am an Estimator and I'm looking to do a short cousre for estimating, is there any course that anyone could suggest?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login