Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Case building and investigation tools

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Case building and investigation tools
December 10, 2008 04:54PM
Anyone working with or seen something similar to

Analyst's Workbook

I'm looking for a tool that can be used to build up and visualize the people, evidence, events, etc that contributes to or are associated with a case under investigation as well as something that will help track progress in closing out the actions that arise for it...

Mind maps, spreadsheets, and harnessing some case management under bugzilla isn't really cutting it - just not integrated enough and is useless in cross correlating cases for trends, patterns, etc.
avatar Re: Case building and investigation tools
December 10, 2008 09:52PM
Thats really cool, something like this has so much potential. I'd want to write it. Sorry I don't know of alternatives.

What other features would an ideal tool like this have?
Anonymous User
Re: Case building and investigation tools
December 11, 2008 08:24AM
This sort of tool is the real world version of the stuff you'll see on CSI episodes with none of the glam or hocus-pocus.

I need tools to beef up internal investigations and am studying my BSC in computational intelligence to understand what's behind these types of tools and other behavioral pattern analysis techniques,and decision support systems.

The rest I can take offline, I was just throwing this out to get a feel for what else is in the market. My estimate is that you'll need about 2880 hours (160hrs/month x 3 developers for 6 months) to develop a non commerial version of what I'm looking for. If you're serious we can talk.
avatar Re: Case building and investigation tools
December 11, 2008 09:12PM
I think I''ll be too busy with studies for that kind of commitment. Are you going to be writing it anyway?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login