Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Christmas Gift ideas?

Posted by marisamocke 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
December 04, 2008 02:23PM
Do you guys perhaps have good gift ideas?
Anonymous User
Re: Christmas Gift ideas?
December 04, 2008 02:29PM
none. surprise everyone by not buying them anything
December 04, 2008 02:31PM
avatar Re: Christmas Gift ideas?
December 04, 2008 02:39PM
Celene - I'm very quickly following in your footsteps...
December 04, 2008 03:17PM
Celene's our hero. Celene for president.

I agree nothing worse than trying to figure out wtf to buy for them! Kids are easy but adults grrrr.
December 04, 2008 03:36PM
Who are you buying for? male? female? ages? do they drink/ read? listen to music? watch movies? what are their hobbies or interests? how much do you want to spend?
December 04, 2008 04:39PM
Cash money, R20 per person
December 04, 2008 04:45PM
I have decided to not celebrate christmas anymore, altghough I will be taking the day off.
December 04, 2008 05:56PM
No-one over 5 CELEBRATES christmas - you survive it! At least you're a guy - all you'll do is eat, drink and watch sport. For women it's about staying up late to wrap presents (men mess up the first gift wrapped by doing it crooked, and women are dumb enough to fall for it and won't let them do more than hold the sticky tape!). We then wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning to start making salads and stuff.

By lunchtime you are frazzled, and everyone is saying "Just sit down and relax a bit!" - except they are the same people who demand a continuous stream of drinks, snacks, refilled bowls, and gifts for people who arrive unexpectedly to a sit down lunch - "Fred was all alone so I invited him to join us"! And you smile weakly and try to whip up some christmas spirit. And then someone arrives with ANOTHER potato salad bought at Woolworths, when they were supposed to bring dessert. So after lunch you are rushing around desperately trying to make up some kind of pudding from ingredients in the larder.

By 5pm, kids are whining and fighting, the in-laws are snapping at each other, at least 2 guests will have had too much to drink and need to be watched, and the men want to watch sport and the women are ready to kill them.

I HATE christmas. angry smiley
December 04, 2008 10:44PM
I think the question is who likes christmas spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Anonymous User
December 05, 2008 07:11AM
My present is wrapped and ready for delivery 12 December... I'll be a daddy for the 1st time and am beaming already

No inlaws either smile
December 05, 2008 08:15AM
Not that's a good present!
December 05, 2008 08:42AM
*all you'll do is eat, drink and watch sport. For women it's about staying up late to wrap presents (men mess up the first gift wrapped by doing it crooked, and women are dumb enough to fall for it and won't let them do more than hold the sticky tape!). We then wake up at some ungodly hour in the morning to start making salads and stuff. *

mmmhhh, I sense some gender anger here. It sounds like you should ask father chirstmas for a new man....as all men are not like that.
Anonymous User
December 05, 2008 08:47AM
yeah, some are gay
December 05, 2008 08:48AM
I'll ask father christmas for a girl like dianne
December 05, 2008 08:53AM
Randal Flag Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'll ask father christmas for a girl like dianne

hehehe, careful what you wish for drinking smiley
December 05, 2008 09:27AM
The secret is to stay away from extended family, if possible, and just spend the time with your partner and children - if any. At a certain age children create a nice vibe in the house over Christmas time.
December 05, 2008 09:39AM
Hehe, eating and watching tv sounds good for christmas. As for gifts, make a mixed cd if you don't have money. Get a t-shirt or something if you're on budget smile
December 05, 2008 09:54AM
FWIW, I don't follow sport (any sport) ... I've found that this also greatly increases
my desirability to the opposite sex smile
December 05, 2008 10:17AM
Hmmm well last night I drew up a list. Feel lots better and definitely not going to over spend the budget. I would rather like to spend the money on my holiday doing fun things with my partner!!!
December 05, 2008 10:51AM
This year I am only getting gifts for all my female friends, to reward them for the important roles they play in our lives!

Also, due to the economic situation in the country, I will only be giving sexual favors this year.
December 05, 2008 10:54AM
rklopper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This year I am only getting gifts for all my
> female friends, to reward them for the important
> roles they play in our lives!
>
>
> Also, due to the economic situation in the
> country, I will only be giving sexual favors this
> year.

LOL! smiling bouncing smiley
December 05, 2008 11:04AM
LOL LOL LOL

Original!! smile
December 05, 2008 11:24AM
so....who wants to be my friend? smiling smiley

***No, not you goose!
December 05, 2008 11:41AM
your supervisor?
December 05, 2008 11:43AM
I deleted my supervisor as a friend from facebook....so I think he is loosing out this year. Its just fair, seeing that he has been a bad boy!

PS: I dont mind if the girls were bad....
December 08, 2008 05:58PM

As for gifts, make a mixed cd if you don't have money
Cause nothing can get people into the christmas spirit quite as well as getting sued by the RIAA :p

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
December 08, 2008 06:40PM
I'm really not a christmass fan.
I do something for the wife and kids, and that's all.
December 08, 2008 07:58PM
Well I just bought the little geek his first PC keyboard and there just enough money left to get the wife some perfume ... after that it is a rather "Ba Humbug" to everybody else.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Don't Assume Everything is a Nail Just Because You Have a Really Big Hammer
December 08, 2008 08:44PM
That's just the cutest thing I've seen!! If you train him well he can help with your assignments smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login