Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

anyone online now - have a quick question

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
anyone online now - have a quick question
September 15, 2008 11:38AM
Hi guys,
wonder if anyone can help me, I'm at the end of css lesson 1 and trying to link my css pages (page 60), but it does not seem to be working. I have already cut and pasted all my rules into a .css page and entered the <link> tags into the relevant pages but nothing is happening. I'm obviously leaving something out???

My link on each individual page is as follows:
<style type="text/css">
<!--
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="styles.css">
-->
</style>

and my "styles.css" rules are as follows:
h1, h2 { color: teal; background-color: #99ccb3; letter-spacing: 10px; word-spacing: 20%; text-transform: capitalize; font-size: 1.4em; font-variant: small-caps; }

h1 { font-weight: 900; } /* bolder */

h2 { font-weight: 600; } /* bold */

p { color: navy; background-color: transparent; text-align: justify; text-indent: 15px; line-height: 1.4; }

a { color: #000066; letter-spacing: 2px; text-transform: lowercase; text-decoration: none; }

address { color: #ffffff; background-color: #669999; text-align: center; word-spacing: 7px; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold; }

i { color: inherit; background-color: #ffffcc; }

td { line-height: 1.5em; }

body { font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: .9em; }

Is there something else I should be entering on the .css page or on the .htm pages?

thanks belinda
Anonymous User
Re: anyone online now - have a quick question
September 15, 2008 11:56AM
ok I have looked at the solution and see my first problem is that I still had the actual <style> container tags as part of my <link>. However I have amended it and still it does not seem to work? anyone got any clues?
TvD
September 15, 2008 03:35PM
bella you should upload your files to your folder - that is the best way for other people to look at it

Have you carefully compared the solution file with yours?

The solution file C:\CSS\The Cascade\solution files\Illuminati\info.html works fine - therefore there must be something missing/additional in your file?

Where in your file did you put the link tag? If it is not between the <head> and </head> tags it will not work
Anonymous User
September 15, 2008 09:12PM
Thanks Toby

I really have gone through it with a magnifying glass and it is identical the the solution. And yet when I do the exercise Lesson 1 Lab 1 in the book it all works out perfectly.
Oh well I think I'll delete my .css page and start over.

Thanks
belinda
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login