Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Task6A-1

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Task6A-1
August 20, 2008 09:11PM
1. Sites visited

www.thenetworkadministrator.com

www.hackthissite.org

Tools and Techniques:

Coldlife 4.0
Nmap
John the ripper

How do you suppose these techniques might be prevented?

I dont think they can be prevented but they could be reduced if details like these were taken off the internet.

Its not good that such detailed instructions are freely available on the internet. any hacker who succeeds in breaking into a system wants to brag about it that is why we have all these sites showing you how to do it.

Should network administrators monitor hacker sites?

I think they should monitor the sites inorder to keep up with whatever schemes the hackers come up with and also for them(net-admins) to come up with solutions to prevent hackers from accessing networks.on the other hand it is a tedious task because even if they can stop the hackers from accessing networks, someone somewhere will find a way to break in.
Re: Task6A-1
February 21, 2009 01:03PM
* I went to http://www.raymond.cc/blog/archives/2006/09/02/how-to-hack-into-a-windows-xp-computer-without-changing-password/ this seems like a very dangerous site as you can now hack into a computer without changing passwords by letting the computer accept any password.

* Dream Pack is available for download

* I do not think this technique could be prevented by any other way as to restrict access to your computer and network. Passwords do not help

* It is definitely not good that so much info is freely available to hack in to someone else's computer

* Yes, Network administrators needs to stay on top of the game to know what the latest hacking methods are
Anonymous User
Re: Task6A-1
February 22, 2009 10:01PM
There are people who like to break into other people’s systems as a hobby.
It is for them a challenge, and sometimes they don’t see the wider picture that it can do harm. They just have a lot of time on their hands.
Everything in life has its challenges. Yes it can do harm, but the challenge is to get bigger and better software, hardware etc.
What will life be without challenges?
It is good if Network administrators can challenge the hackers by trying to get the best possible ways to stop what they are doing.
Too much ongoing information is freely available how to be a hacker, I also agree that there is too much information available.
We cant stop them from breaking in, because as we find new ways, they also find new ways.
The best thing to do: Study everything what they are doing, and find ways to make them stop.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login