Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

smile When to expect results for Ass3 ?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
smile When to expect results for Ass3 ?
June 29, 2008 05:47PM
Hi there in South Africa,
thanks for the very quick exam results.
Please let us know when we can expect results for assignment 3 since both the exam as well as the ass2 + 3 marks will make up the final mark.

exam counts 70% and Ass2+3 count 30% - right?

Thanks and Regards from Germany
Iris
TvD
smile Re: When to expect results for Ass3 ?
June 29, 2008 09:25PM
Because it is part of the exam we do not give the results for assignment 3 - but if you send me an email I will send you the two component marks
TvD
Anonymous User
smile Re: Re: When to expect results for Ass3 ?
July 06, 2008 12:27PM
Hi Toby,
Thanks for giving me the results via email.

Please let me know if we get a detailed description of your rating our website according to the seven criteria - without such an explanation it is difficult to become better.

Regards,
Iris
TvD
July 07, 2008 12:18PM
hi
You got about 70% for all the criteria except for compatibility which was 30%
Anonymous User
smile Re: Re: When to expect results for Ass3 ?
July 09, 2008 03:12PM
Hi Toby,
Thanks for the information. What I am looking for is your explanation for giving 70% or 30% - let me give you an example to explain what I mean:

1. graphics design
when it is 70% there must be graphics which are not in an appropriate format.
What about those on the page "experiences":
Those graphics are all in gif format since they have large areas of solid color and some line art. What about the other ones?

2. compatibility
only 30% must result from a lot of problems. Would there be difficulties with browsers, platforms and operating systems? Or is the content not adapted to the potential users?

I just want to understand where my problems are to be able to improve. The problems could perhaps lie in the right use of the Dreamweaver software. When you could tell me I would know where I must invest more work.

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Best regards,
Iris
TvD
July 09, 2008 04:02PM
hi Iris

I have no idea what we reasoned when we gave the compatibility mark - we do too many web sites in a short space of time to keep notes in such detail - please note that a mark of 70%+ is considered good and does not leave a lot of room for improvement.

The compatibility mark: This usually ends up being based on what is missing rather than what is there. Apart from what you mentioned it could also include window sizes (even down to mobile browser size) and colour depth, the availability of a mouse or not, disability provisioning (i.e. accessibility such as a text only page for voice readers or a font magnification gadget, or using the alt tag for voice readers as a picture description) etc. Generally you should certify your website yourself to be compatible with this or that browser or this or that window size - we will then believe you and assume that you have tested it against those browsers and those window sizes.

TvD
Anonymous User
smile Re: Re: Re: When to expect results for Ass3 ?
July 10, 2008 09:53AM
Dear Toby,
Thanks for your answer.
I was not aware that 70%+ is considered that good, ok sometimes I can be very ambitious...
Regarding the compatibility I will verify Dreamweaver again to make sure to use it in the right way.
Thank you!
Iris
NS Thanks again for your hint regarding your PHP course, it is indeed challenging to continue.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login