Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HCI

Posted by Velvet 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
HCI
June 05, 2006 02:47PM
I have found this course very liberating. It makes you really think about the design of many things and go "Yay! I'm not an idiot for struggling with <insert frustratingly obtuse device here>!" I hope it's compulsory for all courses in all universities where the student may be in a position to design something one day, be it a computer program or a door.

Does anyone feel the same, or am I just a geek?
Re: HCI
June 05, 2006 02:56PM
Couldn't agree more. Although I have to mention my frustration at some of the word play in the assignment questions.
The prescribed book is well written and had me in stitches on more than one ocassion.
Great read.

AndreB
June 05, 2006 03:01PM
I also chuckled over the book a lot. I can see why the book is still relevant more than a decade after it was written.
June 14, 2006 01:23PM
Hi...

I do not think you are a geek. This is a great subject and a great book. This subject made me to relook at my previous programs I have written and even to make design changes.

I just have great trouble with the word play in the assignments especially between the afrikaans assignements and the english notes.
The translation is pretty difficult.

Good luck for the rest of the year.
October 11, 2006 12:13AM
I completely agree Velvet.

I really enjoyed the book... although I think it's quite a contradiction the way it was laid out. The section and subsection headings were confusing at first
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login