Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Project...

Posted by Super G 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
The Project...
August 28, 2007 10:35PM
Hey guys and ladies

just wondering, who has started the project?

things are a bit hectic for me at the moment. i am moving house this week end so everything is kayos here at the moment...

need to finish the last chapter still. then i can start on the project!!!

hopefully next week i can start. hmm... and why are things so quiet here??

Gilham
Re: The Project...
August 29, 2007 08:52AM
Thought the thread for Project was already started "Prac available"

I'm working on the proj but progress is slow. Hardly have PHP time coz its hectic at work. Weekends are out coz I'm always out with the boyzsmileys with beer.

Good thing is that we still have 2 and 1/2 months to work on the project so there's no pressure at all.
August 29, 2007 05:05PM
hi guys

im stressing alot cause i have just finished Task 5 and having started Task 6 yet and the project i just glanced at it it really has been preassure time fo rme as im also writing visual basic in october and coudl get off from work unfortuantely so im very slow at the moment im happy to hear that we have still another 2 and 1/2 months to work on the project as i really didnt know that thanks Sandile...!!!

Enjoy..
August 29, 2007 06:33PM
never delete!!! copy the folder and name it the same name and add ".Bak"

so that months later when you are asked for the orginal version, you can hunt it down...

moody smiley not a good day for me...
August 30, 2007 01:00AM
hey derya dont stress.

there are 2 types of stress, first type of stress is things you can change,second is stress about things you cant change.

so change the things you can and for the things you cant change, whats the point is stressing about that... smiling smiley

ok, dr phil is off to bed.
August 30, 2007 08:15AM
Hey Derya, I feel the stress too... Stressful full time work, part-time work, arranging my wedding, my mother had a stroke which paralysed her left-side and I have often thought of getting an extention for this course until next year. But I don't know if things will be better next year so why even entertain the idea.

I agree with Super G that there is no point stressing about the thins you can't change. I will finish the course this year and try and change the things I can.
August 30, 2007 09:56AM
Hi SuperG

You are right in every word you say..
and Vicky i understand you very well things havent been good for me too in everyway but i need to finihs this course and get my certificate if i dont things are not going to be good for me my life has been up and down for a year now..

but just have faith im sure you will finish it this year and sorry to hear about your mom hope things will get better soon
August 30, 2007 10:18AM
Thank you smiling bouncing smiley
August 30, 2007 01:27PM
we are all here to help each other smiling smiley
September 20, 2007 09:10AM
could someone please help me with assisting on when is the due date for the prac please i know its kind of late to ask this question but due to personel problems and nothing going right for me at the moment i havent been concentrating very well on my studies.

i would appreciate it

thank you
derya
October 17, 2007 08:21AM
Project here i come..eye rolling smiley
November 05, 2007 02:38PM
hi, kudos to those that have submitted already. I hope I finish this on time. Work kept me quite busy the last 2 weeks, so I'm way behind where I would have liked to have been. Anyway, should be remedied with a couple of late nights smile

Quick question, what did you guys use for Username/password sets? Student number + PWD(not in the db tables as stated in the memo), I could add an additional field to a table, but then that wouldn't correspond to the markers. Maybe the ID no. Mac?
November 05, 2007 03:45PM
After learning that adding extra complexity (e.g login usernames+pwds, etc) will not earn me extra marks I used only the fields suggested in the tut letter.
November 05, 2007 04:01PM
Thanks. I've also just read a post from one of the previous years regarding this topic. The idea is to become accustomed to working with php & db's, and not to design an award winning website from the word go.
Mac
November 06, 2007 08:57PM
Exactly. It is an introductory course. We introduce you to the PHP bug.
November 07, 2007 11:32AM
I've been bitten smile
November 07, 2007 05:19PM
Project completed and submitted. Enjoyed doing the project.

Hoping 4 the best
Mac
November 07, 2007 05:36PM
Maybe we'll introduce an advanced course, but generally it takes two years to get it approved. With the basics and a good dose of common sense (and Google), you're welcome to advance yourself in the mean time smiling smiley
November 09, 2007 01:14PM
Hi Mac

I have mailed my project to you. If there is a more advanced course in the near future, i would love to do it.

Gilham
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login