Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

IntClass

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
IntClass
April 10, 2007 10:30PM
I am struggling with IntClass, CharClass etc. How do you import these and from where? I read appendix D in the textbook but it still doesn't make much sense. I can't pass objects of these types as parameters without these classes.
Re: IntClass
May 03, 2007 04:05PM
Hi Shellgracie,

Have you managed to get around your little problem as yet. I know its a bit late, but I've only just joined this forum.

psivius
smile
Anonymous User
May 09, 2007 10:48AM
Nope, still haven't solved my problem. Can you help?
June 01, 2007 12:44AM
Hi Shellgracie,

Well I know it's too late wrt to the second assignment (that I eventually received only last Thursday) but I've managed to solve the problem.

I spent/wasted a lot of time with Exercise 14. The answer was pretty straight forward when working it out on paper as only the getNum and setNum methods were being called in the program BUT, when typing up this program in jGRASP I ran into the same problem you did.sad smiley

After losing a lot of hair I eventually figured that the J2SDK probably does not have these classes builtin and that we are expected to actually create them ourselves using the information in Appendix D. Essentially the class file for IntClass has to be present in the folder in which you are working. In order to create the class file you have to type out the IntClass class definition in Appendix D save the file as IntClass.java and compile the file. The class file for IntClass will now be created and when you compile your program using the IntClass the symbol will now be recognised. Shew! Not really a big deal but by reading the textbook one assumes that this is a class native to Java. Also I'm sure that a package for these classes can be created but for now the above should suffice.thumbs up

I have to stress (as I have been doing all day) that I came across absolutely no indication of this whatsoever in the tutorial letter or in the textbook (I stand under correction as I only had a chance to skim over the textbook). Also after finally receiving and reading the tutorial letter I am quite surprised that one of the lectures has still not responded to your question on the forum. The tutorial letter makes it quite clear that the forum is best way to keep in touch with them and that this would be the best place resolve all queries and problems we may experience.confused smiley

Anyway I'm pretty wasted right about now and I'm about to crash like my last java program so, till next time: happy programming.grinning smiley

psivius
-There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary and those who don't-
Anonymous User
June 04, 2007 12:42PM
Thanks. I eventually realised that I had to create the classes myself, although only 2 days before DUE date. Had no time to change them. I almost finished this assignment. Thanks for the help.smile
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login