Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Discussion: Frustrating Browsers

Posted by Joanna 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Discussion: Frustrating Browsers
August 28, 2007 12:49PM
So here's the thing!

How do you ever manage to code a page that is anything more than basic and can work across different browsers!

A number of the CSS rules we learn don't work in one or other of the browsers, so even though the functionality is great - do you dare to apply it - knowing that a number of your users are going to be unable to see what you want them to see? Or do you have to set up a whole seperate set of rules for different browsers and get users to choose their browser on arrival? It seems like a completely unreasonable expectation...

Well OK CSS is a problem... but now as I go into the JavaScript section... it looks like the problem is pervasive... Just trying to view the sample website of the Stratford Zoo. Almost all the functionality the manual seems to think I should see doesn't work in Explorer v6, so I changed to Firefox and there about 3/4 of the functionality works... By the time I get to Task 1C about correcting errors I find myself in a bit of a quandry, as I can't see what the code is supposed to do in the first place... so adding an error into the code to see the effect is ... well... a bit pointless...

Is anyone else experiencing these kind of problems?

Is anybody else having no problems at all? and if so ... what browser are you using?

confused smiley
TvD
Re: Discussion: Frustrating Browsers
August 28, 2007 05:17PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login