Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

1C-1

Posted by Sebastiaan 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
1C-1
July 20, 2007 12:22PM
There is a wide variety of options that can be used to better the internet and make it a bit more user friendly, but I can wait for that to happen. I can see in the near future, with the commercialization of the internet, that calls from cellular phones may become obsolete and that most voice calls will become a visual call via an internet connection. The way things are going now people won’t have to fly hundreds of miles just to meet with their clients, they just connect to the internet and have a quick chat with them via webcams. It will make the way we do business a lot faster and maybe even more efficient, you can’t be late for a meeting if you just need to log on and chat. I believe that this will make people less social, they will get out less and stay in more, human contact might become a thing of the past. But first we have to wait for technologically disadvantaged countries and users to catch up and join the movement. To learn more about “hot� technologies, I would say, do an internet search, you can find anything on it.
Re: 1C-1
August 13, 2007 09:47AM
The security on the internet will also improve. One must note the popularity of virtual private networks and Intranets among corporations because the public Internet is too insecure. One can expect more private and specialized intranets in the near and long-term future.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login