Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How was the exam?

Posted by moodleyn 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
How was the exam?
October 27, 2006 05:25PM
Hi GUys

Just wrote the exam, and it was OK. I"m excited that i didn't fail(that's me looking on the bright side), because i think it was a very fair paper and i answered all the questions except the database question. But all in all, i think it was a worth it exam.

NIRI
October 27, 2006 07:53PM
Hello,

I also found it alright. Much better than the C++ exam 2 weeks ago.
Just was very tired of all the writing afterwards.
It's not nice to answer the "same" question 3 times and to rewrite the code every time!
The last question about classes and objects was expected, but I didn't spend much time on theory, so I'll probably get 5/10 or less for that one.

Reanie
Re: How was the exam?
October 27, 2006 10:06PM
Hi,

I agree, this exam was MUCH MUCH better than COS211 ... that was a nightmare !!! I cant imagine not passing this one. The code questions was all simple and I actually imagine that it would be worse ... and if you could remember all the methods ... half of them where used in the code they provided. The last question I wont do too good at since I didnt spend a lost of time on that chapter...

But all in all, i really wasnt a bad exam.

Esckay
October 29, 2006 07:35PM
It was looooooooong! It was when I was writing more unnecessary words ("procedure", "begin", "end", "do", etc) that I realised one of the strong points of Python: you spend less time figuring out the language and more time actually implementing the algorithm (think about it: are all those words REALLY ABSOLUTELY necessary?). My wrist was tired from all that writing, erasing, and sharpening (it took me an incredible 2 hours 10 minutes to finish). Of course, for sheer, unadulterated useless pointlessness nothing beats EZWin... I'm sure I did great, but I never even bothered with databases.
October 29, 2006 07:35PM
Yeah, what I said above...
November 22, 2006 03:29PM
i should have studied for this exam... oops
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login