Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Work to study for exam

Posted by Marina 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Work to study for exam
August 22, 2007 02:21PM
Hi guys,

I saw in the tutorial on the exam that we don't have to study all the chapters - which is great! smile

For the Oct/Nov exam, it seems we don't have to study Chapter 2. That's the one on conceptual models, which seemed rather important judging by the all the questions on conceptual models we had in the assignments!

Do you think we can completely leave out everything not on the list for the exam, or should we maybe have a 'working knowledge' or something of these chapters (and e.g. of conceptual models)?

Thanks and good luck with your studies!
Marina
Re: Work to study for exam
September 19, 2007 07:32PM
I was wondering the same.
Anonymous User
September 27, 2007 02:09PM
Any one with past exam papers - please post me a copy to jmakore@gov.bw or joshmmakore@yahoo.com
October 11, 2007 03:23AM
Are you using the 1st or 2nd edition of the handbook?
I'm using 2nd edition and find it difficult to map the relevant chapter topics we need to study in the 2nd edition.

Anyone figured out what the correct mapping is?
Anonymous User
October 11, 2007 08:25AM
Stud08
One of the TLs shows which chapters to study for for each edition...check your TLs
October 13, 2007 03:23AM
Soco,

I saw that but find it hard to believe that for instance the work we need to study for chapter 4 i.e Computer-mediated communication is only the part on P152 to 159 in 2nd ed.

Maybe there is a whole section for this in the first edition? I'm very unsure what to study in the 2nd edition and the lecturers are not answering their emails.

What to do?
October 13, 2007 10:35AM
Hi Student08,
I have the 1st edition and Computer-mediated coms are mainly covered in a table extending across 3 pages. Not much of the adjacent stuff seems relevant.
I'm wondering whether we only need to focus on the 3-page long table?
Anyway, things are not that much clearer to those of us with the 1st edition!
At least this seems like a module where our ability to think and come up with creative answers will also be tested, not only our ability to memorize whatever whatever chapters we're supposed to (though I'd have liked feeling more secure about this!).
Best of luck!
Marina
PS: Unless you're an International student, you seen to be quite an insomniac? smile
October 13, 2007 05:06PM
Ok. I thought that everything in the 1st ed was clearly marked.
I have lots of exams this year so have to stay up late studying.
October 14, 2007 01:21PM
Well, best of luck, Student08! May all your hard work pay off well.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login