Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extension for Assignment 2 please

Posted by 34898425 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Extension for Assignment 2 please
May 06, 2007 09:23PM
Hi,

I am just wondering if its possible for us to have an extension as myUNISA will be down for the next few days including the last day for submission of Assignment 2. Just an extension till myUNISA is back up again? Will appreciate it. Thanks.

Regards
Re: Extension for Assignment 2 please
May 06, 2007 10:00PM
The downtime of myUNISA is very badly planned but it has been advised on the site for quite a while. I am sure that if you email or call the lecturers they will be understanding, posting on the forum is not the best way to approach getting an extension.
May 07, 2007 09:07AM
Hi

do you have any more feedback concerning the extention/down time of my unisa???
May 07, 2007 02:58PM
I am requesting an extension not only for myself, but all others who use myUNISA for assignment submission, and be affected by the downtime. If I post here on the forum, other people will be aware if an extension was granted and the lecturers will not have to deal with many calls asking for the same thing.

What annoys me is that I have just completed my assignment and I'm all ready to submit it (that too before the due date!!) but I can't because I rely solely on myUNISA for submission - and its undergoing an upgrade .. hence I have to apply for an extension. Oh well..
May 07, 2007 03:54PM
I assume sanity will prevail and exetension will be given as t was not our fault
May 07, 2007 06:49PM
I understand your frustration. For me, the bulk of my assignment was completed some time ago so when I noticed the message about the downtime of myUNISA I made sure that I finished over the weekend and submitted before the system went offline. I do hope that the lecturers provide an extension as I know that not everybody completed the assignment as early as I did.
Anonymous User
May 08, 2007 06:23AM
Hi All,

I would just like to say that this downtime, is absolutely rediculous. As most of us live busy lives, I am sure that someone somewhere in UNISA would have thought that not all students will actually check myUNISA all the time. I for one, who has limited internet access due to work constraints and location constraints, would appreciate if we at least got an email about myUNISA downtime. Its not going to take the administration too long to get that done, as all our email addresses are already on file, and we do get the occassional message that there is something new to download for our courses. So a quick and simple email a week before is not going to hurt anyone and it does not take time to get it done either.

I am sure that every student with internet access checks their email more readily than logging on to myUNISA to check whether we have been shut out of the system, because of upgrades.

I cannot believe how many times this system has been upgraded since its inception after the merger of the university. It is absolutely rediculous. Being a Computer Science and Information Systems department, which consists of systems design and implementation and many other similar courses, I think that they should take a chapter out from those courses and follow it, ie make sure that a system works well before implementing it, especially if it is causing as many problems as it has.

I do apologise for the long response, its just that I am really annoyed at this being done and the only notice that we got is on myUNISA site.

When it comes to payments and money and anything else that UNISA needs, then they are on the ball all the time. They want their money....They should use the same money to do future planning and take 50 cents out of the budget to pay for the bulk email sending to all myUNISA users.

Anyhow, thats that....Thanks for your patience.

Had to get this out.

Vishkir.
May 08, 2007 12:45PM
But what really is ridiculous is that myUNISA was already working fine. Golden rule: don't fix something thats not broken. I'm pretty sure that this wasn't a critical upgrade and hence it could have at least been delayed till year end when there is less student activity. I don't have a PhD but I would think it would have been better to have phased in the new system while leaving the current setup intact until they are 100% sure that it is safe for the transition to the new Sakai version. Just my 2 cents
May 08, 2007 11:22PM
It is 11pm on the 8th and myUniSA is up and functional, handed in my assignment with an hour to spare. Lucky me.

Although by all right a extentioon is still justified. Lets hope there is one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login