Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment marks towards final mark

Posted by Nancy 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment marks towards final mark
April 22, 2007 06:38PM
Hey guys,

In 2007 the marks that you obtain by submitting assignments will contribute to the final mark obtained for the specific module.

Better pay more attention to all your assignments now!!!
Re: Assignment marks towards final mark
April 22, 2007 06:58PM
I didn't they mention anything regarding this on tut101, so this is not the "specific module".

still better make sure and double check everything...
Anonymous User
grinning smiley Re: Assignment marks towards final mark
April 23, 2007 01:34PM
Hi

I welcome this decision with all my heart. We spend great effort doing assignments that were not considerred towards the final marks. This will improve on UNISA's pass rate as it is in a poor state. It is a right decision the school has taken. In all other Universities, assignments are regarded as course work which contributes about 30% towards the final mark. 10% at UNISA is good but still unfair to us students.

I suggest UNISA scraps the requirement from the dept of Education. The latest decision is enough to motivate us to work hard. I always had a negative opinion to this requirement from the dept of Education. To me, it meant the school had no direction of its own other than to be directed by the Education Dept.

Brian James
April 23, 2007 06:04PM
I agree, but it's also difficult for the UNISA to control the real qaulity of the assignment, you might work countless nights on your assignments, there still might be someone out there just "get" the assignment done. Better not to contribute too much towards the final mark...until the control system gets better.

I still don't think this module's assignment marks will contribute to the final mark. Better find it out with the lectures.
April 25, 2007 08:27PM
Specific model doesn't refer to certain modules.
It's just a way of of refering to any possible module.
But then it is possible that this will not be applicable to all modules, I think the decision was made before the 101's was printed.
Even Cos301's 101 doesn't say anything but there is a post on the front page mentioning it.

Apparently it is in one of the 30X series tutorial letters, 305 or 305 iirc
May 01, 2007 07:16PM
Get confirmation from the Lecture that YES, it DOES contribute to final mark!
May 02, 2007 12:20PM
Tutorial 201(to be sent out soon) contains the following:

• The marks that you obtain for the contributing assignments will be converted to form 10% of the final mark for the module. This is the ‘year mark’.

• The percentage that you obtain for a specific assignment will be multiplied by the weight of that assignment. In the case of INF307-H the weights of the three respetive assignments are as follows 60/240, 120/240 and 60/240.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login