Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So how was it?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
So how was it?
October 25, 2007 01:48PM
I made a total stuff up and I'll be lucky if I pass. Too bad cause the paper was alright but I spend way too much time on the ERD stuff. It was a disaster, I first did a rough drawing at the back, then copied it, then realised I made several errors, redid the whole thing. By the time I finished, there wasnt much time to do anything else. I hope it was worth all the effort and I get full marks for it (and hopefully 50 to pass the exam).
oof
Re: So how was it?
October 25, 2007 01:58PM
likewise, big stuff up, hope i pass :|

btw, for the dependency diagram, did you normalise it? they didn't ask us to, but i've gotten to thinking i should have done so anyway...
Anonymous User
October 25, 2007 02:16PM
They didnt ask us to normalise so there was no need to do that.
October 25, 2007 02:31PM
I finished everything but I'm not sure I did the ERDs right. Left the exam feeling I did enough to pass but not entirely happy.

It was fair and true to the mark allocation set out in Tut103.
October 25, 2007 02:33PM
i also stuffed up, but i spent too much of time learning the wrong chapters, but what i feel like kicking myself about most is that the first question came straight out of the 2005 paper...and i didn't learn it because i figured the same thing cannot come out again. i left out the things that was in the past paper and previous years stuff becuase i saw it didn't repeat itself...but lo and behold it did! smile just my bad luck, but i'm just hoping for a pass...My year mark is 65 so i hope i would need less than 50 to pass...

Good luck with all the other papers...
October 25, 2007 03:21PM
jip,

I totally forgot the 4 phases of data mining ....

Preparation ...
Analysis / Categorization ...
???
Prognisis .....

damn sad smiley
October 25, 2007 04:32PM
knowledge aquisition me thinks.
October 25, 2007 05:15PM
Exam was fair. But I went blackout on certain questions !!! Could have done much better. Me too totally forgot the data mining phase 3. Concerning the dependency diagram, well we were not asked to normalize it ! Maybe the Lecturer can comment on that particular question. confused smiley
October 25, 2007 06:08PM
Jip

10 marks for question 2 without normalizing it did not look right. So I did the basic and then just for incase, I added the normalisation.

The little bit of history was unexpected. But I think , if the lecturers feel the same way about my answers that I do, I should passeye rolling smiley
October 25, 2007 07:44PM
The exam was ok but I'm not too sure I did the diagrams properly. I think I should pass but who knows...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login