Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2, Question 1, Dessert Code

Posted by LionelM 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 2, Question 1, Dessert Code
May 10, 2007 10:44AM
There must be a typing error in the table attribute for DESSERT_CODE and DESSERT_DESCRIPTION. Member_Num 214 and 235 both have Dessert_Code DE8 but the Dessert_Description is completely differtent.

Either the Dessert_Code must be different or the Dessert_Description must be the same

I await your feedback.

Lionel
Re: Assignment 2, Question 1, Dessert Code
May 10, 2007 10:50PM
Mmm yes,
if you look at the actual field names they give it seems to be a separate entity.
But looking at the example 'data' it does not make much sense?

anyway i think looking at it as an entity and linking it to the rest might work?

Difficult to answer your question because i might give away the answer (maybe even the incorrect answer! lol)
May 17, 2007 11:20AM
There seem to be a different number of options for creating these entitities! Hence I'm wondering whether you will give the answer away - I am finding that one can have 2 different sets of PK's and is wondering how to address it. At the moment I'm following both PK's the one being an alternative answer. It's taking longer, but hopefully when I get to the end of the question it will have sorted itself out in my mind!!!
August 15, 2007 01:36PM
Ok, now I understand the problem even though I have received my assignment back. While preparing for the exam I found that the question is actually in our prescribe book on page 178-179 question 15, with a difference. The Dessert code for the three entities are DE8, DE5 and DE2. In our assignment they were DE8, DE8 and DE2. This makes a hell of a difference.

What I am realy disgusted about is why the lecturer did not reply on the question that I have asked if the Dessert code did not have a typing error to it. Now I have not done as well as I would like in my assignment and seeing that the marks count towards our final exam mark that puts me even more off.

We are not supposed to contact the lecturer and are advised to use the forum. I have used the forum and no reply from the lecturer/s. What is going on? I am sure the answers are given by the authors of the prescribe book to learing institutions. The assignments are then marked against the answers from the authors.

I await feedback form a lecturer.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login