Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Word assignments with pasted Visio diagrams

Posted by nanthu 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Word assignments with pasted Visio diagrams
September 18, 2007 11:16AM
Did anyone else have this problem? I electronically submitted the assignment requiring drawings copied from Visio into MS Word. Some of the diagrams became corrupted in the process of upload to UNISA and were basically unintelligible for marking purposes. Hence I got no marks for this work. This happened for INF207-E as well. How did others do electronic drawings successfully? Feedback appreciated - thanks. Regards, Nanthu.
Re: Word assignments with pasted Visio diagrams
September 18, 2007 11:30AM
Nanthu

I saved the drawings as a web page and then pasted the picture only into the word document.
September 20, 2007 10:49AM
Yeah its quite frustrating
UNISA again showing they are not up to speed, and even more shocking as its in the IT/Comp Sci dept !!!

Although this year they issued a warning noting that their systems and version of MS Word cant handle embedded Visio files, still disapointing as Visio is superior.

Only solution is to export as a static format that can be inserted, best is jpg or an image file format, interesting that the html/web version seemed to work ? havent tried that

this year I didnt have access to Visio so I used Dia - a freeware equivalent, and embedded jpgs in the word doc, worked 100%
September 30, 2007 01:25PM
Thanks for your comments and suggestions - will try them next year! Regards, Nanthu
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login