Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Assignment 2 Diagrams

Posted by Whizza 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Assignment 2 Diagrams
May 06, 2007 02:05PM
Has anyone completed question 3 and 4 of Assignment 2? The diagrams seem quite complex, not sure where to start.

Any help?

R
Re: Assignment 2 Diagrams
May 07, 2007 06:57AM
It also seemed to be complex in the beginning. For Q2, use the text of the question and identify the 3 components of the context DFD namely, the actors, the events and the system. It helps to for instance read thoroughly through the text and hi-light each with a different colour. Well, don't expect to finish it in 2 hours, it takes time. The best way is to follow the examples in the text-book.

Ferdie
May 08, 2007 02:48PM
I'll give you the layout of my diagram if you can provide me with the details of
INF205's written assignment answers?
I find myself without a laptop (in Tehran) as some of my luggage got stolen on route here.I have to pay $5p/h to complete this online due to me not being to work on assignments at work...if you will oblige?
Thanks
Jerome.A@mtnirancell.ir
May 10, 2007 05:40PM
These diagrams are killing me... everything just seems too ambiguous. I don't know to what degree I am supposed to describe the system. My context diagrams keep edging towards looking like system diagrams and visa versa. We should really be given more case study examples with tons of diagrams, event response tables, use case tables etc.

My UCT friends are getting pounded with this diagram work. I don't see how 1 assignment is going to help me for the exams and my future in IS. I'm going to look like an idiot in the workplace when asked to draw up DFDs...
May 10, 2007 09:36PM
And I thought it was just me smile
May 11, 2007 12:01AM
my use case (or events) list in Q3 did not quite tie up with my system diagram.
I did not have too much trouble with the diagram, but I must admit, they took quit a bit longer than I'd anticipated.
Managed to submit the assignment with 2 - 3 minutes to spare.
Don't you just love technology (and 3G)

Cheers
May 19, 2007 07:59AM
Hi,

Yeah Sanoz0r I agree totally. There are no proper examples let alone tellings us where to start and what software to use (Luckily I have Visio). I assume you are also in IT, so if we have problems with this then what do they expect less experienced students to do??

Anyway, mine is sent off so we'll have to see what happens!

R
May 23, 2007 01:41PM
For DFD diagrams [Gane-Sarson diagrams] use this very useful freeware application, based on VISIO

DIA

NB follow instructions carefully as you have to install a Run time environment first then install the application

http://dia-installer.de/index.html

http://www.gnome.org/projects/dia/

I highly recommend UNISA/OSPREY add this to their resources section for Scool of Computing students to download
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login