Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Man! That was close!

Posted by Zyxoas 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Man! That was close!
October 18, 2006 07:01AM
Hi, people. So, last night I was studying for the exam but I wasn't really sure what the date was. So imagine my shock when, at 1 in the morning, I looked at my exam timetable and realised that the 18th of October was TODAY, NOT THURSDAY!! :-O Anyway, I'm glad I didn't discover that at 11 (when I usually wake up) or something like that. I just quickly need to "revise" (cram) 1 or 2 points and I should do great. Good luck to y'all for the exam!!
Re: Man! That was close!
October 18, 2006 05:02PM
Thanks quite funny - I hope your exam went well.
The exam was not too bad, just a lot of work to cover.
Another 1 down with a few more to go
October 18, 2006 05:40PM
It was quite easy, actually. I already knew almost all the stuff from my high school Computer Studies days (quite a while ago, actually). I'm proud to say that I actually know/remember that I'm writing C++ tomorrow and Friday! winking smiley
October 18, 2006 09:50PM
I injoyed the first part, that was really easy, the 50 multiple choice ones, got me down a bit. But all in all I think the exam was pretty good.
October 19, 2006 08:44AM
yeah... I must say I expected much worse. I just hope COS101S is just as easy as this one was..
October 21, 2006 10:48AM
The only questions that got me were the 1 or 2 about ethics (covered in Tut 102). I did not touch this section as there was just no time for it. Otherwise the paper was not too difficult. I was expecting more difficult questions on the Boolean Algebra and Karnaugh diagram sections.
I agree with Valkeye, I hope COS101 is not too difficult.
October 21, 2006 11:45AM
I also didn't touch TUT102, but if I could do it over again, I'd still gladly sacrifice 2% of the paper just to make sure I didn't have to read any more material on RSI or "green computing".... There was much more important material to cover than that!
October 21, 2006 04:39PM
Good point - green computing - hell I'm glad I skiped that section.
I have to add though, that the exam was not too difficult if you had prepared sufficiently. However I found the preparation a killer. I crammed everything into the 3 days before the exam - and I was more than a little relieved when it was over.
Interesting subject though. I quite enjoyed the Boolean Algebra.

Cheers
October 21, 2006 05:23PM
I agree.. I was seriously considering at one stage getting really involved in circuit design... Cause it appears pretty cool!
October 22, 2006 09:41AM
Could be interesting - but I think I'll stick with software
October 22, 2006 09:58PM
good exam smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login