Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COS112-V ass 2 Assignments Dept Query

Posted by VeerVortexus 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
COS112-V ass 2 Assignments Dept Query
June 13, 2006 10:45AM
Hi all

Delivered my assignment 2 to Unisa in person on the due date in the assignment box.

Still no receipt on MyUnisa to date, so emailed Assignments dept.They told me this...

"
Dear student

We are not sure if your assignment has been received yet, you are welcome to
check with us in three to five days,
just to make sure if we did receive your assignments or not. If we haven't
by then, PLEASE RESUBMIT.

Thank you for your inquiry"

I re-emailed them saying that look i dont have a backup copy, and i delivered it in person to them at UNISA, so whats the problem here.?

If i have to redo it, must i put in a message on the front so that the lecturer can see what the problem is.

Ill be dammed if they do not mark this assignment, cause i spent alot of time on it.

They better let me write the exam with less credits if it comes to that.

Anyone else's assignment still not receipted on the MyUnisa system.

Thanks

Veer
Re: COS112-V ass 2 Assignments Dept Query
June 13, 2006 02:55PM
Same with my maths assignment.

I submitted it two weeks ago - with no receipt yet.

I understand your frustration - I'll be more than happy to rewrite it (even though it'll take an age) but nobody (I've sent about 4 emails and called UNISA about 3 times) can tell me whether they have or have not recieved the stupid thing.

All I want is to write these exams - I've worked too hard to not get exam entrance.

:-(

I agree though. If it comes down to that (writing the exam with less credits) - I will likewise kick up a fuss.

B.
Re: COS112-V ass 2 Assignments Dept Query
June 30, 2006 11:22AM
Dear Students,

The year 2006 is probably one of the most challenging years in Unisa’s existence. The realities of merging Technicon SA, Unisa and Vudec into the comprehensive mega-institution, the new Unisa with its more than 220 000 students, hit the administration and all their systems, including Registration, Production, Scheduling and Assignments, this year. The ripple effect of this situation with its huge delays in processing material of various kinds on the teaching departments is, to say the least, significant. Needless to say that the same is unfortunately also true for you, our student!

Our request is to bear with us this year. The University has appointed consultants to address and improve the situation. Our hope is that things will start improving and normalising towards the end of July 2006.

PLEASE NOTE: It is in your interest to continue with you study program as normal and as you had planned it at the beginning of the year. Please do so under all, even these, circumstances.

We can assure you that the examination admissions will be completed timeously, the examinations will take place as scheduled and academic standards will be maintained under all circumstances.

We would like to assure you that the School of Computing is doing its utmost to honour its tuition obligations.

Best wishes and kind regards,

The lecturers for COS112-V.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login