Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

COS112 Results

Posted by Velvet 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
COS112 Results
May 24, 2006 02:46PM
I notice the solutions to assignment 2 are up already, but I'm still waiting on results... I haven't even received my results for assignment 1 yet! sad smiley

Is anyone else in the same boat?
Re: COS112 Results
May 24, 2006 08:06PM
Hi Velvet,

I've not receieved any results for COS112 either. Both assignments were handed in well before the time.
Patience is a virtue I guess.
May 24, 2006 10:32PM
Yes.

I haven't got anything back. This is not the 2 weeks I expected when reading the tutorials.

Devesh
Anonymous User
May 25, 2006 07:40AM
I read on a discussion forum somewhere students complaining about the results of assignments taking so long and why the lectuters can't just post the answers after the closing date for the assignment.

Maybe that's what ther doing now. Which is a good thing. Don't expect out results will be out soon.

I'm still waiting for my COS114 assignment 1 results, which was due 18 april.
May 25, 2006 10:26AM
My COS114 assignment 1 result went up on myUnisa this week, so that shouldn't be too long gvs.

AndreB: Patience is a virtue I don't have a lot of, but Unisa is helping me address my shortcomings in that area tongue sticking out smiley
May 25, 2006 05:42PM
Hi Velvet,

Don't feel alone in that boat. I think it will take a bit more than myUnisa and/or Unisa for me to get the better of that one.
It is quite a relief to see other people struggling with the same frustrations and anxieties that I'm battling with. At least we are not alone.

Cheers.
May 26, 2006 09:43AM
Yeah grinning smiley
The forums are a great way to get a sense of the other students, and to not feel too isolated while staring blankly at a program at 2am and wondering why it wont compile - lol. The forums have also got me past a block while programming once or twice.
June 03, 2006 08:14PM
Interesting thing - got my unmarked assignment 1 for COS112 back today, with an admission credit mark of 10, yet still no posting in myUnisa.
Frustration rules the roost here....
June 03, 2006 09:58PM
I got my assignment 1 back and the solution this last week but also nothing posted in myUnisa. Very strange.
June 05, 2006 09:16AM
Well, my 10 credits for Assignment 1 are finally reflecting on myUnisa...
June 05, 2006 03:19PM
Velvet,

I see entries from you on just about every subject - how many are you doing, and which subjects?
Judging by the marks you have posted you doing exceptionally well.

AndreB
June 05, 2006 09:03PM
lol - I'm doing too many subjects, and heading for a nervous breakdown tongue sticking out smiley
INF105; INF120; CEM101; CSS101; COS101; COS111; COS112; COS113; COS114; MAT103; MAT111; MAT112
What about you, AndreB? I'm seeing you on most of the same forums, and you also said you work full time (plus you have a family, which I don't).

So far, so good. I'm doing quite well in the results I have received thus far. However, I haven't received any results yet for the Maths assignments, which I'm kinda concerned about.
June 08, 2006 09:21PM
Sorry for the delay in this response, I've been out of town for a few days. I'm doing 7 subjects - COS101, COS111, COS112, COS113, INF105, INF120 & CEM101. My results ao far have been better than I expected. Due to work comitments I'm maybe getting in hrs a week, which usually means a weekend in isolation and not spending time with my kids. Heavy price to pay, let's hope it pays off.
Don't know how you are coping with 12 subjects, and with the results you are getting. What kind of work are you doing?

AndreB
June 09, 2006 09:14AM
Maybe I'm only posting the good results winking smiley
I work at a casting agency as a photographer/photo editor/basic support for network & website/responding to casting briefs... It's very chaotic, and everybody wears many hats.
So far I'm managing to do what I need for the assignments, but I haven't found time to really sit down and get to grips with the work in a way that's going to get me through exams. I need to make some more time, but it's not easy (as I'm sure you well know).
June 10, 2006 08:00PM
That's the scary part about having limited time. You do enough to get through the assignments, but need to put a huge amount of time and effort for the exams.

Enjoy
June 30, 2006 11:23AM
Dear Students,

The year 2006 is probably one of the most challenging years in Unisa’s existence. The realities of merging Technicon SA, Unisa and Vudec into the comprehensive mega-institution, the new Unisa with its more than 220 000 students, hit the administration and all their systems, including Registration, Production, Scheduling and Assignments, this year. The ripple effect of this situation with its huge delays in processing material of various kinds on the teaching departments is, to say the least, significant. Needless to say that the same is unfortunately also true for you, our student!

Our request is to bear with us this year. The University has appointed consultants to address and improve the situation. Our hope is that things will start improving and normalising towards the end of July 2006.

PLEASE NOTE: It is in your interest to continue with you study program as normal and as you had planned it at the beginning of the year. Please do so under all, even these, circumstances.

We can assure you that the examination admissions will be completed timeously, the examinations will take place as scheduled and academic standards will be maintained under all circumstances.

We would like to assure you that the School of Computing is doing its utmost to honour its tuition obligations.

Best wishes and kind regards,

The lecturers for COS112-V.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login