Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

exam

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
exam
February 11, 2008 12:15PM
it was waaaaaay easier than last years, it actually looked like the past paper, glad I did this subject in 2006 as well because some of the exam questions were straight out of the assignments smiling smiley
Anonymous User
Re: exam
February 11, 2008 12:30PM
Does anybody know when the results for the honours exams will be proclaimed?
Anonymous User
February 11, 2008 12:41PM
10 march. I got an email from el unisio this mornign about that sad smiley
February 11, 2008 01:00PM
Yip, looks like it was less tricky than I expected. Only marks will tell though.

P.S.
Wonder what Mrs Horne's connection is to the guy that Horn clauses (main syntactic element of Prolog and the backend SLD resolution method) were named after smiling smiley
Anonymous User
February 11, 2008 01:03PM
probably none seeing as she is Mrs HornE and the horn stuff is just horn - no E on the back winking smiley
February 11, 2008 04:03PM
In the case of easy exams the marks are shifted, so us border brothers remain in trouble!!!
February 12, 2008 08:46AM
I agree way easier then last year.

Unfortunately this caught me out a bit though :/ I focused a lot on the hard stuff and did not bother learning a few of the simpler things (Like the correct way to draw one of those trace diagrams :/) whichc ost me a few easy marks..

Not going to complain about an exam being easier, but I really wish UNISA would attempt to maintain some kind of consistency.

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
Anonymous User
February 12, 2008 08:57AM
i think last year they realised the exam was too hard, so this year they made it easier, now they will see they possibly made it too easy and next year i will be difficult again..
Jon
February 13, 2008 07:24AM
Last years exam could not have been too hard if some students got above 80% - even though most of us failed...
February 13, 2008 07:53AM
I personally think last years exam is how it should always be.
Where did you get the mark stats from?

--
"Knowledge has much better uses than self-pity and superiority"
Anonymous User
February 13, 2008 09:32AM
how hard an exam is should not be based on who got over 80%, it needs to be based on what the average % was. There are always going to be some people who get really high marks -because they are super intelligent, have done the course 10 times before or because they work with eg prolog all day long.

if the average results were only 30%, then the exam was difficult. I think the exam could have been more difficult - but maybe not as difficult as last years - although I think that I may have been able to pass last years exam with what I know now - I understood the work a lot better.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login