Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anybody else having problems trying to digest the huge volume of work?

Posted by Bob the Builder 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Re: Anybody else having problems trying to digest the huge volume of work?
February 08, 2008 11:16AM
celene Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> just like having a knife repeatedly jabbed into
> your eye winking smiley

I am SOOOOO glad I drop this subject in 2007 - I registered, read tut101, and it stated there was no textbook. Then, went to Europe for a holiday, came back eager to study, then WHALLLAAA, you need to get a textbook that was REALLY expensive and difficult to get hold of. And, I heard the subject matter was unforgiving!

Best choice EVER it seems!!
Re: Anybody else having problems trying to digest the huge volume of work?
February 08, 2008 01:34PM
This course is not value for money, the lecture who presents this course is paid for nothing as he does nothing. Assigments is end chapter questions, and scope is read all chapters, what kind of scope is that. The book has almost 100 diagrams and over 700 pages how are expected to remember all that in detail. I dont think they even know what is in the textbook, they just cut and paste last years material that is why they prescribed the textbook that is outdated, they did not even realise until students started complaining. Someone sets the exam and they get memoranda to be marked for them by Markers. Lazy, Lazy Lazy lectures.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login