Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Am I being unreasonable?

Posted by Anonymous User 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Anonymous User
Am I being unreasonable?
May 15, 2007 09:18AM
Hi
I know you explicitly specified the first edition. The problem is that the first edition is no longer available from book stores! I think you are being very unfair – if we are not able to get hold of the book then what are we supposed to do?

Sent: 14 May 2007 03:33 PM
To: Celene Davidson
Subject: Re: COS419 assignment 2

Hi,
You can use the Internet or any resource on principles of distributed systems or advanced Operating Systems material. I cannot rely on the second edition in order to assess you since I explicitly prescribed the first edition instead of the second as per your tutorial letter.
Regards

>>> "Celene Davidson" <Celene.Davidson@vcontractor.co.za> 05/14/07 01:09PM >>>
Dear Lecturer

Questions 18, 22 and 23 for Chapter 4 (COS419) relate to work that does not seem to be covered in the second edition of the textbook. Can we make a note that we are using the 2nd edition or do you have other references for us?

Thanks
Celene
Re: Am I being unreasonable?
May 15, 2007 01:20PM
Hi

You are not being unreasonable. I understand where you are coming from. Surely a lecturer should ensure that the books they prescribe are readily available for students to purchase. And if not, at least be willing to help their students out by making a few compromises...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login