Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

So...?

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
So...?
November 06, 2007 11:21AM
Exam went pretty well.
What did you think?
Anonymous User
Re: So...?
November 06, 2007 12:38PM
Was ok. A 3 mark question is awarded 5 marks. A 14 line loop implementation is awarded 7 marks sad smiley That said, I hope I'm shot of 221 for the rest of my life.
November 06, 2007 12:41PM
Yip me too. Wasn't fireworks, but I believe I did enough to get a fairly solid pass.
They had to go and ask theory questions on the sections I didn't even touch.
Couldn't believe that I could not remember what PCI is - stupid doos.
On the bright side I managed to do the programming questions.
November 06, 2007 12:43PM
I must say, I expected worse. I'm sure I passed, but I still dont think that I would have done wonderful, but I'll pass.

I must say, I got a bit of a blank at that 5 point question in question 1 .... i just couldnt remember what it was.

Anyway, hope not to see any of you here next year ( ... including myself smile )
November 06, 2007 01:38PM
Question 1 went well except for a question on PC characteristics or something had to suck stuff out my thumb for that, Question 2 was so so didn't really know some of the things well enough. Question 3 unless I stuffed up was amazingly easy compared to last year's question 3. You can use ROL to swop bit positions round in the last question right? I did a quick think about it in the exam and i thought it would do the job. All in all I am fairly certain say 70% that I passed and if i pass the next one then i graduate.
November 06, 2007 03:33PM
Was easier than any of the other exams this year, pretty happy I would say.....
November 06, 2007 08:36PM
PC Characteristics - the 5 point question in question 1. Didn't have a clue.
Come to think of it, you could use ROl to swap the bits around. Didn't think of that, I simply did a swap between lets say AH and AL using a temporary memory location.
Out of the exams written this year, I was least prepared for this one. I really battled to motivate myself for it. Thank goodness its over.
7 down - 1 to go. (COS 201) and boy I'm looking forward to that.
Anonymous User
November 07, 2007 08:21AM
Hi,
I am glad some of us expect abt 70%. I was a veteran in COS221 given that i failed it last year. This time around, never gave it an opportunity to turn around against me again as I look forward to graduate and proceed to masters degree next year.

Generally speaking the paper was very fair though with some mistakes. I was unable to complete the paper as a result of my unstable bladder that invigilators couldn't understand how much pressed i was to be granted a 2 min break to ease myself. so i had to leave without attempting 3b.

All the best. see u @ graduation day.
Brian
November 07, 2007 10:53AM
I meant 70% probabilty that i will pass not that I will get 70% I don't even have a 65% average so I wouldn't expect that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login