Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Last year's exam paper

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Last year's exam paper
September 02, 2007 10:29AM
Usually we are sent an example of the previous year's paper. Anyone got 2006's paper? Went through all the downloads, didn't come across it.

Thanks.
Re: Last year's exam paper
October 02, 2007 10:25PM
Hi,

Have you received any old papers yet ?

If you have, I would really appreciate a copy. You can send it to esckays@gmail.com if it is not too much to ask.

Thanks.
October 03, 2007 07:07AM
I haven't sorry.
Anonymous User
October 03, 2007 08:31AM
Hi, I am one of those who are repeating this module, meaning i wrote its exams last year 2006. Both oct/Nov and Jan/Feb papers were such a mess. Nothing set was from the prescribed book. It was either you knew the practical work(study guides) & boolean algebras(COS113) to pass or fail if had based on the theory(prescribed book).

History repeats itself. keep watch and work hard.

Brian
October 03, 2007 07:11PM
Hi Nabs
Do you have last year's paper?
Shaun
October 13, 2007 12:26PM
haven't received the exam tut letter in the post as yet! Checked the website this morning, tut 103 is there...it has the 2006 exam paper.

Pamela
October 31, 2007 01:15PM
Does anybody have previous papers and the answers for the sample exam ?

If you do, I wont really appreciate a copy (esckays@gmail.com)
October 31, 2007 01:47PM
I think I'm only going to start looking at this module tomorrow.
i'm a little broken after last night's all-nighter for COS214.

I find it quite strange that there is a repeat of some boolean logic in this module, and that we'll be questioned on it in the exam.
November 01, 2007 10:53AM
I know, but some post somewhere said that there is quite a bit of it in the exam.
November 02, 2007 07:51AM
I had to dig up the study guide for COS113 to review boolean identities.....

I'm a bit concerned about writing a 30 point assembler program, particularly because you cannot debug the code, you are bound to make mistakes even if you are an assembler pro....
November 02, 2007 07:56AM
I really enjoy assembly programming. Looking at last year's paper, the questions don't seem too difficult, and even the programming, although I can't do it (since I haven't done anything for a long time and I've forgotten!), they give hints e.g. breaking it up into smaller modules. And you know what, even if you just add in a lot of comments, you will get points! I think we should start another posting dealing with just last year's exam questions and answers, so everyone can have their input.
November 02, 2007 08:18AM
Good idea Shaun. I'm pretty much in the same boat as you. I last looked at assembler in May. Since then my harddrive crashed and a lost all th ework I had done. So I pretty much have to start from scratch - today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login