Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Previous year's exam papers

Posted by ShaunGVW 
Announcements Last Post
Announcement SoC Curricula 09/30/2017 01:08PM
Announcement Demarcation or scoping of examinations and assessment 02/13/2017 07:59AM
Announcement School of Computing Short Learning Programmes 11/24/2014 08:37AM
Announcement Unisa contact information 07/28/2011 01:28PM
Previous year's exam papers
July 24, 2007 06:57AM
I am looking for previous year's exam papers. Does anyone have any copies? i.e. pdf format. I know we should be getting last year's paper sometime soon, but I am looking for 2005 and back.

Thanks,
Shaun
Re: Previous year's exam papers
August 01, 2007 12:37PM
Hey have you managed to get something, i'm also looking for the same thing please forward the stuff to me if you manage to get something (maz@tuks.co.za)

Thanx
August 01, 2007 12:39PM
No responses yet.
avatar Re: Previous year's exam papers
August 01, 2007 03:35PM
The only "exam papers" we get is if the lecturers include some of the old questions in the exam tutorial letter. You are not allowed to take out the real exam papers.
August 01, 2007 03:37PM
This is what I am looking for.
August 02, 2007 07:00PM
The lecturers have not yet distributed the exam tutorial letter. If they are going include a previous paper, it will probably go out then.
October 02, 2007 10:20PM
Has any body received any old papers yet ?

If you have, I would really appreciate a copy. You can send it to esckays@gmail.com if it is not too much to ask.

Thanks.
October 03, 2007 07:09AM
Look on a previous year's forum (2005/6). The one guy wrote up the exam paper.
October 13, 2007 12:33PM
Hi, lots of stuff on 2005/6 forum. It would help alot if we knew what heading the exam paper was under? Can you help?
Thanks.
Pamela
October 15, 2007 09:14AM
This is the posting I was talking about...

As far as I can recall there were 8 questions. In random order the questions are as follows:

Ques. 1
15 multiple choice questions.

Ques. 2
Thread priority code is given.
Explain how this has liveness failure and how this can be handled and write about thread priority. (marks<10).

Ques. 3
Code is given for 3 different vehicles classes.
You have to state the relationship between the 3 classes and explain dynamic binding and show the overridden methods used. (marks<15).

Ques. 4
UML diagrams are given as in the mock exam paper of different classes. You must give relationship between different classes eg. inheritance relation and give class declarations. (marks<10).

Ques.5
Again some code is given of different classes. You have to state the type of overloading used and output produced. (marks<10).

QUes. 8
Code is given for Queue class. You must write some exceptions thrown eg, queue is full or empty and errors eg. file does not exist or invalid character. (marks<=10).

Ques. 7
Code of 2 classes are given. Change the code so that objectcts of 1 class can be deep copy clones.

For the canonical form, how implement object equality utility?

Do pre- and post-conditions ie contracts for queue class. (marks+-15).

Ques. 8
Code is given of DBAnimationApplet class with different methods eg. init() and paint(). State which are hook- and template-methods. Also explain abstract methods and design patterns. (marks+-10).
Anonymous User
October 26, 2007 12:24PM
Thank you
This will help alot. If there is any other examples of previous exam it will be appreciated!!!!
October 26, 2007 12:29PM
I'm desperate myself. I don't feel very confident for this paper!!!!!!!!!!
October 27, 2007 02:40PM
At least I find it more interesting and stimulating than Formal Logic....
October 29, 2007 07:42PM
Ag no man Ferdie, formal logic was quite fun... except for writing the exam...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login